Job ID 25691
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: The Finance Volunteer will be a key member of the Kitgum/Lamwo team and will contribute towards the achievement of the field’s finance objectives. Under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Volunteer maintains the cash books and is responsible for the accounts payable functions of the department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers
- Preparation of the prepaid monthly JVs for posting.
- Maintain petty cash account register and ensure petty cash reconciliation and replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit
- Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Senior Finance Officer.
- Monitor invoices and cash payment request vouchers
- Ensure all vouchers have required attachments
- Stamp all paid vouchers with the required stamps
- Prepare WHT tax schedule before 5th of every month.
- Pay cash to the payee in the Kitgum/Lamwo Office
- Maintain efficient filling system for the field office and ensure all vouchers are filled on monthly basis.
- Follow up cash in transit and transfers.
- Support with YO and Bank and cash payments where need be.
- Ensure IRC policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions.
- Ensure all paid vouchers are stamped.
- Update the invoice tracker on daily basis.
- Download invoices from the payables email account.
- Perform any duties assigned.
- Support with the monthly end of month reporting.
Systems Compliance and Improvement:
- IRC-Uganda specific finance, logistics, IT, security, communications and human resource/administration policies and procedures.
- Any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director and OC
- Policy compliance – IRC way policies:
- Ensure any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct are reported to the CD. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree or an equivalent experience in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance.
- One year of experience working in the finance function. Experience working with NGOs (preferred but not a prerequisite).
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Knack for detail.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Exhibit high level of integrity
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel,)
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and
- Prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with programme staff.
- Good supervisory skills, time management and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 8th June 2022