Job Title: Financial Assistant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself as the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service and better operations with a well-motivated and skilled workforce, we are looking to recruit persons with high integrity and dedication to work with us.
Job Summary: The Financial Assistant will assist in processing financial transactions plus reconciling accounts ledgers in line with the Finance Procedures Manual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in accurate capture of all transactions in JDE.
- Monitor, reconcile and report any discrepancies of investment ledgers.
- Assist in performing daily, month-end and year-end close processes.
- Prepare end of period adjustments.
- Understanding all financial and accounting regulations; keeping up to date with changes and ensuring adherence.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard reports and tools.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with projects and tasks when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business courses like BCOM, BBA, BSTAT etc.
- A professional accounting/financial qualification is an added advantage.
- One year of work experience in a busy Finance Department.
Skills and Abilities
- Data management skills
- Intuition and decision-making skills
- Time management skills
- The job holder must be of high integrity and with customer service skills
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and Innovative
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, spreadsheet
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks/activities
- Ability to work with a team
How to Apply:
All interested individuals should send copies of academic credentials, application letters, and detailed CVs to [email protected]
NB: Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to the automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Deadline: 5th January 2022