Job ID 32914
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organisation: East African Ministries|4africa
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: MEAL Manager
East African Ministries|4africa is a faith-based organization that exists to exalt Jesus Christ by restoring and empowering people to become good stewards of their community and country- imparting biblical principles through sustainable clean water and preventative health initiatives while educating future leaders, all with a heart for service.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer supports the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) department to improve the existing program design and monitoring systems, build staff capacity in M&E, and coordinate information sharing, marketing, and advocacy. The M&E Officer will work alongside the MEAL Manager to ensure M&E activities are executed in collaboration with the in-country program staff. He/she will develop and implement the necessary program documents to significantly contribute towards the achievement of the organization’s vision, mission, and core values. Depending on the program’s needs, the position may include travel within Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure no compromise of 4africa’s identity.
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership and integrity through lifestyle and professional relationships.
- Participate and lead (When required as per schedule) during daily staff devotions.
- Uphold the values of transparency, excellence, and generosity of the Holy Spirit.
Program delivery and analysis, reporting, capacity building, and accountability
- Support the MEAL Manager to track and monitor output delivery across all programs as per the log frame and implementation matrix/ indicator tracking table.
- Support the MEAL Manager to collect, process/analyze, and present data.
- Be available to participate in baseline, mid-term, and end-line evaluation studies for all programs.
- Collect and when necessary, support the MEAL Manager to compile weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual program reports.
- Provide regular updates to the MEAL Manager regarding program delivery, and suggest areas of improvement where necessary.
- Support the MEAL Manager to generate a database for all program, clearly showing the achievement of outputs and outcomes.
- Work alongside the MEAL Manager and program managers to integrate M&E into ongoing program planning and implementation, and ensure adherence to the organization’s policy and standards.
- Support the MEAL Manager to ensure timely information updates, data quality assurance, information sharing, and continued learning.
- Support the MEAL Manager to conduct regular program monitoring visits, as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual review meetings.
- Support the MEAL Manager to conduct periodic program document and M&E tool reviews.
- Work with the MEAL Manager to identify program/staff capacity gaps and make meaningful recommendations for capacity building.
- Support the MEAL Manager to ensure compliance to MEAL industry standards.
Information sharing, advocacy, and visibility
- Support the MEAL manager to collect, compile, and share weekly progress reports both internally and externally.
- Support the MEAL Manager and the Communications Officer to implement the in-country communication strategy.
- Work alongside the Communications Officer to collect well information, stories, photos, videos and any other media material required for the use of the communication/development department in country and at the 4africa head office.
- Work with the Communications Officer to collect, prepare, and share any required advocacy, campaign, and communication materials.
- Advocate for and share 4africa’s work among stakeholders, and in all relevant platforms/forums.
Community of Practice
- Actively attend and meaningfully contribute during the L10 meetings on 90.io in the EOS management system.
- Update Salesforce, Google sheets, Excel Sheets and Smart Sheets, and any other forms of databases with dexterity and astuteness.
- Contribute to the development of a learning plan, and support the MEAL Manager in establishing and participating in the documentation and sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
- Participate in national learning networks of practitioners that can serve as a capacity building resource and facilitate the documentation, organization and sharing of information.
- Foster and maintain communities of practice and other types of networks engaged in shared learning.
- Conform to the management requirements such as attending regular quarterly discussions, 1:1 meetings with the supervisor, as well as participating in organization platforms such as, but not limited to Office Vibe.
- Contribute to the documentation and knowledge and lessons learned exchange through 4africa’s partners.
- Participate in the Global check-in calls with the US team to address challenges, share lessons learned and strategy, ensure program’s progress and documentation.
Financial Management and Budgeting
- Complete accurate financial expense report submitted to MEAL Manager by end of field/workshop trip.
- Submit monthly funding request (as per budget) to the MEAL Manager for approval.
- Ensure internal controls of finances.
- Effectively utilize funds to ensure quality service delivery.
- Participate in the development and sharing of the MEAL budget before the required date.
- Participate in any organized budget review meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Studies, Journalism and Communications, Education or Arts.
- A Post Graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation studies or Project Planning and Management from a reputable university or institute will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years of relevant progressive experience in M&E work.
- Knowledge and skills in camera work (photography and video).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with Salesforce, Taroworks, EOS, and Smart sheets is an added advantage.
- Should be a practicing Christian.
- Ability to work with a diverse multicultural and dynamic team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong and demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in the English language (in understanding, written and oral).
- High and demonstrated level of integrity.
- Ability to work in a structured environment with flexibility, and under limited supervision.
- Age: 26-35 years old.
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit their job applications and Curriculum Vita ONLY, as ONE file in PDF and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please type in the email subject, the JOB POSITION, Your Name ONLY, for example, M&E Officer, Kumi Grace
The Recruitment Office,
East African Ministries|4africa,
P.O. Box 17,
- Any other form of submission of your application other than to the above email shall NOT be honoured. This includes hand delivered applications.
- Any form of influence peddling/canvassing and any related unprofessional acts shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 31st March 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||East African Ministries|4africa|
|Job Location||, , Gulu, 0256, Uganda|