Job Title: Office Administrator (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Data Intuition Uganda (DIU)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Data Intuition Uganda (DIU) is a fast paced growing Research, Analytics and Advisory/Policy (RSA) not-for-profit Organization that generates and disseminates knowledge and data-based evidence, while empowering people, organizations, businesses and governments towards transforming and impacting lives everywhere.
Job Summary: DIU is looking for a reliable Office Administrator, an organized and self-motivated individual who will be responsible for providing administrative support to our office personnel. The office administrator’s role will include working closely with our leadership team by handling clerical duties, coordinating calendars, and organizing meetings. They will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently.
The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self- motivated and trustworthy. In order to be successful in this position you should be detail-oriented, professional and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcoming organization visitors and directing them to the relevant office/personnel.
- Carrying out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents, including office correspondence, memos, resumes, and presentations.
- Coordinating and managing appointments, meetings, and the conference room schedule in order to prevent duplicate bookings.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to organizational policies
- Performing bookkeeping tasks such as invoicing, monitoring accounts receivable, and budget tracking.
- Maintaining general office files, including job files, vendor files, and other files related to the company’s operations.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Purchasing office supplies, equipment, and furniture.
- Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities, and equipment.
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Performing other relevant duties when needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- He /s he must hold a Diploma or a bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or a related field is preferred.
- Two or more years of office administration experience.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP and Access).
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Organizes workload effectively while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- A self-starter, who is highly self-motivated
- Results-oriented, critically thinking through solutions to challenges that arise.
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- A flexible, adaptive individual who thrives in a diverse and inclusive working environment.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 31st January, 2022 (applications will be reviewed on a roll in basis until the role is filled)