Job Title: Program Officer ASRH (Fresher Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: The Program Officer ASRH is responsible for providing support to community and health facility to ensure access to ASRH information and services. He/she will be in charge to coordinate ASRH in school and out of school interventions, ensure on time and quality planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting of the Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health interventions. The Job Holder will take responsibility for support of the ASRH to increase the participation of adolescent in the project to ensure their protection and enable them to develop to their full potential.
The post holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Save the Children Program Officer ASRH job placement must hold a Degree in Health, social sciences and other relevant qualifications.
- At least one year working on ASRH.
- Two years of working experience in planning and implementing development programmes in Uganda.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Direct experience of working with communities in participatory activities, including confidence in working with children and an understanding of child-friendly participatory methodologies
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Thorough understanding of Save the Children working principles and approaches of Child Participation, Child Rights Programming, Partnership, Child Safeguarding, Zero Tolerance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme Integration etc.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Proven capacity to train and coach staff
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Must be willing to be based in the field.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 19th November 2021