Job Title: Resource Mobilization Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Data Intuition Uganda (DIU)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Grants Mobilization Manager
Data Intuition Uganda (DIU) is a fast paced growing Research, Analytics and Advisory/Policy (RSA) not-for-profit Organization that generates and disseminates knowledge and data-based evidence, while empowering people, organizations, businesses and governments towards transforming and impacting lives everywhere.
Job Summary: The Resource Mobilization Officer (RMO) collectively works with the DIU core team and board to organize details of all activities related with fundraising and resource mobilization. The incumbent takes lead in ensuring DIU has a clear plan on resource mobilization from a wide range of sources including the public sector, corporate bodies, grants and donor foundational and organisational bodies, and individual supporters. He/she spearheads DIU’s efforts to create, sustain and grow partnerships that will ably grow funding and support towards achieving our RSA model within Uganda and beyond. The RMO is charismatic about resource and grants mobilization, a critical thinker, well connected with a strong human capital base. With tenacity, he or she dives deeply into search for funding opportunities from around the globe.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with the DIU team to understand the vision, mission and areas of focus
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of potential donors worldwide, based on geographic interest and thematic funding, and assess the feasibility of securing multiyear funding opportunities.
- Map donors’ strategic areas of interest and explore opportunities for partnerships, targeting emerging donors that are working in low and middle-income countries, and private sector foundations.
- Develop a plan to engage new development partners and donors (traditional and non-traditional).
- Recommend strategies to develop/maintain strategic partnerships and engagement with partners and donors.
- Draft master fundraising proposals based on past proposals and aligned with the new strategic plan
- Coordinate processing of agreements in connection with funding opportunities and ensure effective and timely follow-up in terms of submission of reports to the donors and grant renewal proposals.
- Contribute to the production of the DIU e-newsletters, publications, briefs, journals, impact reports and distribution to donors particularly highlighting funds generated and resources mobilized Work with the IT and Innovations coordinator to develop a series of fundraising materials (print and digital) including website content.
- Assist in developing designing and writing materials for communications with different prospective donors
- Assist in mobilizing non-financial resources from private sector entities, individuals and corporate agencies.
- Develop fundraising guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure that fundraising and resource mobilization information are up to date on the DIU website
- Map the DIU products and services to identify funding gaps.
- Undertake all other relevant activities as and when assigned by the DIU core team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from a competent academic institution
- Four years of experience in international trade, finance, donor engagement and commercial sector
- Proven experience in grant winning proposal writing and documentation
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and interpersonal abilities
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to creatively solve problems
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written
- Good analytical skills in developing and implementing resource mobilization strategies
- Ability to work effectively in teams. Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Initiative taker, self-motivation and a commitment to continuously work results oriented
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use a variety of software, particularly Excel.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th February 2022 (applications will be reviewed on a roll in basis until the role is filled)