Job ID 30934
Job Title: Study Medical Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Mubende RRH, Uganda
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an independently governed institute within the College of Health Sciences at Makerere University and has the mission “To strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development.” IDI has operations across Uganda as well as in a number of other African countries and has a staffing of over 1,000 managing multiple projects in research, clinical services, public health and training.
Job Summary: The AFI Pfizer study aims to determine the prevalence of current and prior viral zoonotic infections among adults admitted with acute febrile illness in Central and Northern Uganda. The study currently recruits participants from Arua and Mubende RRHs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises staff on site and ensures that they achieve the aims and objectives of the study as indicated in the protocol
- Responsible for participant recruitment, data collection, data entry and participant follow up.
- Responsible for planning and developing recruitment and retention plans
- Ensures that the recruitment and follow-up goals of the study are met.
- Responsible for ensuring participants receive appropriate care, medical evaluations when needed.
- Performs any other duties that may be reasonably necessary for carrying out the study protocol as directed by the Study Coordinator/PI.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Research experience
- Full and up-to-date registration with the UMDPC
- Excellent working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice and applicable regulations
- Ability to communicate well with patients and their care-givers
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility, including the ability to manage and move between multiple referral sites
- Flexibility to work long hours, which may occasionally extend beyond normal working hours in order to complete critical tasks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 31st January 2023
|Hiring Organization||Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)|
|Job Location||, , Mubende, 0256, Uganda|