Job ID 30843
Leads and performs skilled carpentry and metal work concerning facility maintenance, repair, or alteration.
- Minimum Qualification:Highschool
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Head of Maintenance (Carpentry and Metalwork)
- Leads and performs skilled carpentry and metal work concerning facility maintenance, repair, or alteration.
- Receives and responds to work orders; ensures compliance with building, health and safety codes and standards.
- Constructs, install, maintains and repairs woodwork, including cabinets, shelves, doors, window frames and furniture; matches materials with colour, grain or texture; repairs and maintains building and facility roofing as required.
- Performs in the lead role to plan, schedule, and coordinate the work of maintenance works on the lodge grounds.
- Trains and provides work direction and guidance to assigned personnel in the maintenance department; gives employee duties and reviews work for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established standards and procedures.
- Assists in post-construction inspections, evaluation, and coordination of work with contractors on assigned tasks.
- Estimates material requirements from drawings or written instructions for maintenance.
- Performs maintenance on the lodge equipment and tools.
- Assesses labour, material and equipment needed for assigned work; monitors materials and equipment inventory levels.
- Operates specialized equipment, including saws, drills, presses and various hand and power tools; drives a vehicle to conduct work.
- Maintains various records related to work orders and assigned activities.
- Maintains safe, clean and orderly condition lodge condition.
- Any combination equivalent to high school graduation and is supplemented by completion of an approved apprenticeship program in carpentry and six years of increasingly responsible journey-level carpentry experience, including one year in a lead capacity.
- Valid Ugandan Class C driver’s license.
- Methods, procedures, equipment and materials used in skilled carpentry and general maintenance and repair.
- Operation of hand and shop tools and powered equipment common to the carpentry.
- Methods and materials common to the carpentry/woodworking trade.
- Types of woods and composite materials and their best applications.
- Best practices of carpentry and general building standards.
How To Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters through THIS JOB APPLICATION LINK>