Job Title: HR & Administration Assistant
Organisation: Lifewater International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Lifewater International is a Christian water development organization dedicated to effectively serving children and families by partnering with underserved communities to overcome water poverty. Motivated by our faith in Jesus Christ, we serve the least and last as a demonstration of God’s unconditional love for all people. Lifewater International serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
Job Summary: The HR & Administration Assistant is responsible for proactively managing the day-to-day administrative affairs of Kampala Country Office and to also providing Human Resources Management support at LI Uganda Program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Front Office Management.
- Receiving and responding to telephone and electronic correspondence and ensure timely action on correspondences.
- Type letters and other official documents.
- Prepare meeting minutes, documents and reports as and when required.
- Handle collection, distribution and dispatch of mail by postal or courier services.
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Keep office stationery and handle distribution
- Receive visitors and direct them to appropriate officers
- Coordinate logistics & hospitality of office meetings and events
- Maintain office supplies, furniture, and equipment to ensure that they are functioning well.
- Arrange for meetings, trainings, seminars, workshops and staff functions when requested
- Arrange for staff monthly airtime.
- Work cross-departmentally to support other teams with administrative tasks
- Other administrative and office duties as assigned
Human Resources Management duties
- Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain both hard and digital copies of employees’ records.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Support with dissemination of HR policies and guidelines to staff
- Assist with duties pertaining to recruitment and separation LI staff – g., screening applications, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts, following up on handover and clearance forms for exiting staff.
- Provide support in o
- Coordinate with the Administrators and Supervisors to ensure effective use of the staff exit forms
- Assist with monitoring of NRS leave requests
- Ensure efficient record-keeping for all LI staff
- Prepare summaries and reports on LI staff as and when needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Organization OR related field
- Three years’ experience as Administrative Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, or related experience.
- Basic experience in processing payroll, leave and recruitment preferably with an INGO.
- Good experience in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint presentation, HRIS (added advantage)
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of the local labor laws is an added advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding personnel information.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.