Job ID 33104
Job Title: HR Specialist
Organisation: Al-Mansour Automotive
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The conglomerate was first established in 1975 by the late Mr. Loutfy Mansour to enter the automotive market in Egypt. It didn’t take long for Mansour to reach its record-breaking sales by becoming the exclusive dealer for General Motors (GM) in the same year and soon became a household name by 1980, franchising popular automotive brands; Opel, Chevrolet, Isuzu, and ACDelco.
Fast forward to 2001, Mansour Automotive was given exclusive distribution rights for all General Motors brands and products in Egypt. For an outstanding 4 decades, Mansour Automotive has won the hearts and trust of millions of customers by following their philosophy ‘With Mansour, you are in safe hands.
Job Summary: The HR Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the day to day HR functions are performed in accordance with MAG policies, procedures and HR best practice. The incumbent will support in managing, motivating and developing business unit staff skills and aspirations in a professional, cost effective and fair manner, to ensure that they are capable of undertake their responsibilities to the required standard and are provided with an environment in which they can develop their potential to the fullest. The jobholder is also accountable for the implementation of the annual HR objectives and projects, supervising HR staff within the business unit to ensure they carry out their responsibilities efficiently & effectively
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Country General Manager and HR BP, assist in the development of staffing and recruitment plan to ensure that each function is staffed appropriately in an efficient and timely manner
- Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal bodies, including the preparation of information, approves all submitted information and serves as the primary contact with the company attorney and outside government agencies
Manage Employee Relations including
- Manage compensation & benefits administration, include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees as well as
- Organize learning and development opportunities in coordination with the country general manager and direct managers for staff to achieve development goals as well as
- Oversee the regular review and roll out of HR policies, employment policies, and procedures in compliance to MAG’s standards and national labor law
- Represent company in Trade unions and other HR related business meetings, to ensure that the needs and interests of the region company and its stakeholders are represented, and relevant information is effectively communicated to interested parties.
Responsible for Performance Management System
- Developing and maintaining HR policies and procedures in compliance with MAG’s standards and national labor law
- Ensures appropriate planning and execution to maximize business facility space utilization and oversee resources and ensures safety and security of buildings and personnel.
- Open, close, and secure facilities at prescribed times and check for safety and maintenance concerns and do regular rounds to all areas within the facility including the workshop
- Plan, schedule and oversee on-premise and off premise business events including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and marketing events.
- Provide a friendly, inclusive, service-oriented environment for all staff and visitors
- Supervise all service contracts including cleaning, safety, security, catering, maintenance, office management etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Equivalent
- A minimum of three to five years of leader experience in Human Resources positions
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organizational development, and employee relations training, preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred, not required
- a solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning is a plus as this role involves preparing annual budgets.
- Experience with all aspects of human resources and previous experience of staff supervision and human capital capacity building
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with a multicultural team.
- Experience in developing and implementing HR policies, procedures and systems
- Good interpersonal skills, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in IT – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS (Human resources Information Systems) like SAP and SuccessFactors
- Up to date knowledge of business region local employment law, culture, and HR practices.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Al-Mansour Automotive in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 30th June 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||Al-Mansour Automotive|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|