Job ID 23476
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CoRSU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Head of Human Resource and Organizational Development
Job Ref No: CHJ/FEB/J92
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CoRSU) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, nongovernmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children as well as adults with disability.
Job Summary: To provide support in the delivery of the various human resource functions and activities with direct emphasis on capacity building and coordination of staff training as well as learning and development in order to ensure better performance of the Human Resource function within the hospital.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organise and participate in coordination of staff training sessions regarding career development, employee capacity building, organisational learning/development as well as conducting staff orientation and induction.
- Create awareness and implement HR policies and procedures by explaining the personnel policy and employment manual.
- Work closely with various department heads to address HR training needs through performance evaluations and appraisals by coordinating, controlling and monitoring the process; keeping appraisal files organised and updated.
- Facilitate recruitment process for the available vacancies and volunteer positions by providing advice and assistance with writing/reviewing job descriptions, scheduling, organizing and participating in interviews.
- Update HR information management system that includes maintaining personal records of employees on matters such as attendance, organisation changes and leave management.
- Participate in HR information management through provision of the required payroll information, monitoring daily attendance and encouraging time management.
- Handle staff welfare matters such as assist employees with work related matters, medical insurance documentation and other related personal issues.
- Promote health and safety measures through effective supervision by the teams.
- Participate in disciplinary meetings and grievance handling.
- Attend departmental and other committee meetings to provide information, when required.
- Provide advice to CoRSU management and staff about HR best practices and adherence as well as compliance to the Ugandan labour laws.
- Perform other related duties as required by the management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management.
- 1st degree in other humanities, and a Post Graduate qualification in HRM.
- At least three years’ experience in HR Management.
- Member of a Human Resource Management Association of Uganda (HRMAU) or other HR professional body.
- Knowledge of Uganda Labour laws.
- Knowledge of employee learning and development as well as capacity development and training skills.
- Good computer knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal skills, communication skills and customer care skills
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Good oral and high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interpersonal and problem solving skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources, CORSU Hospital P.O. Box 46 Kisubi or email to [email protected] Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject of the email. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
Deadline: 4th March 2022 at 5:00pm