Job ID 21318
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Nakasero Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Nakasero Hospital is a private hospital that was started by a group of Consultant Doctors in 2009 who came together with a goal of setting up a world class hospital that would meet the healthcare needs of Ugandans and East Africans who were seeking medical treatment outside the region, due to the gap in quality healthcare services in the country.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, training and development, performance monitoring, HR Operations, Benefits administration and employee relations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Directly responsible for staff welfare requisition processing and cost management including Airtime, Fuel, staff meals and others.
- Manage leave liability through monthly leave tracking, updating and reporting.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans. Provide starter and onboarding packs to the new joiners.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Perform comprehensive reference checks for new staff before issuing contracts to them
- Draft all employee related documents: contracts, letters and other documents.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Assist in performance management processes
- Maintain employee records, according to policy and legal requirements. Responsible for employee files and overall filing requirements.
- Payroll management and processing of Consultants pay schedule as well as statutory submissions
- Participate in the annual Budgeting process especially with regard to HR related budgets
- Responsible for update the HRIS with new joiner information, removing exit staff, and updating new information.
- Produce Monthly HR Reports on headcount, joiners and leavers, payroll returns and other HR reports.
- Staff exit management.
- Actively participate and organize all staff events
- Management of Interns
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a degree in Human Resource Management or any other relevant field.
- At least three years’ experience preferably in a hospital setting.
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Knowledge of HR functions i.e. HR Operations, recruitment, training, pay and benefits
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Ability to multi-task and deal with diverse responsibilities.
- Interpersonal skills.
- An analytical, problem-solving and creative work approach.
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates should submit their applications, Curriculum vitae and academic certificates addressed to the Human Resource Manager at the Hospital HR Offices on 2nd Floor.
Deadline: Friday 21st January 2022