Job ID 30881
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Duty of Care & Staff Care:
- Conduct periodic staff and duty of care training and sensitisation sessions for all staff
- Participate in Health Safety and security assessments.
- Focal point person for Staff psychosocial support initiatives
- Support Continuously asses and report compliance on Minimum staff care Duty of Care Standard
- Propose and organize in conjunction with staff welfare committees staff well-being initiatives.
Recruitment, Induction, L&D
- Country Office HR Focal point
- Support, the administration of effective and timely recruitment processes, promoting equity, transparency, and consistency at every step of the process (i.e. review job descriptions, posting ads and supporting the hiring processes). Will also be a member of panel for positions of officer and below.
- Ensure the recruitment documentation is accurate and complete before sending out an offer.
- Draft for CD’s signature employment contracts, notices and related documentation.
- Create a complete personnel file for all new staff at the centralized registry in CO plus on NRC people and O365.
- Liaise with Line Managers to Implement NRC’s onboarding, Induction (NRC plus & NRC lite) within the prescribed time.
- Facilitate planning and implementation of staff performance management in close collaboration with departmental heads.
- Through the performance management cycle, ensure training needs are properly clustered and respective trainings timely planned and executed as per the annual capacity-building plan.
- As a Focal Point for NRC’s L&D, laisse with the trained ToTs to ensure all mandatory trainings by Face to Face or online e.g. KAYA & Plural sights plus recommended ones are completed on time, documented and reported.
- Support line managers in cases involving Interns, staff exchange etc.
- Ensure separation procedures are timely handled and documented in line with NRC guidelines and labour law.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a university degree in Human Resources Management/Management or related field from a reputable university
- Masters is in HR or related field is an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience from working as HR officer with INGOs in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Understanding of the relevant laws and statutory requirements.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Basic employee counseling skills
- Service orientation, Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Highly degree of confidentiality
- Only qualified Ugandan professionals are eligible.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th January 2023 at 8: 00 pm
|Hiring Organization||Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|