Job ID 32913
Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Organisation: Uganda Insurers Association (UIA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Uganda Insurers Association (UIA) works to advance the interests of insurance and reinsurance companies by adopting a common strategy that encourages and promotes close cooperation, the exchange of business among members builds on knowledge through research, influences the enactment of favorable legislation, and represents the views of the membership to Government, quasi-government and private bodies.
Job Summary: The Information Technology (IT) Officer at the Uganda Insurers Association (UIA) will be responsible for managing and overseeing the technology systems and infrastructure at the Association. This will include but not limited to planning and management of ICT resources and services, network management, systems management and security management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the design, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s technology systems and infrastructure.
- Support the development and implementation of IT policies, procedures and standards to ensure security, reliability and availability of the systems
- Creating and managing the IT budget and ensuring the department stays within budget
- Identifying and implementing new technologies that can improve operations and increase efficiency at the Association
- Managing and maintaining the company’s IT security, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and disaster recovery plans.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure that technology solutions align with overall mandate of the Association
- Staying up to date with industry developments and emerging technologies through ongoing education and networking;
- Provides technical leadership on a variety of highly specialized project-related activities requiring expertise in specific technical areas for core information technology systems and services.
- Reviews vendor contracts and coordinates IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions aligned with user needs;
- Directs and coordinates the local implementation of Association’s IT operations, projects, and programs, ensuring alignment of IT services with the business needs of the association and adherence to established project management principles and best management practices;
- Assisting in the operationalization and application of IT services to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Undertaking the provision of technical support on IT services, policies, strategies, procedures and other ICT related issues;
- Undertaking the monitoring and evaluation of the progress and performance of IT services and identifying alternative solutions;
- Undertaking the implementation of IT Workplans and Reports;
- Undertaking technical initiatives in regard to E-services and other related ICT activities;
- Operationalizing implementations of hardware and software initiatives to ensure proper functioning and maintenance of ICT equipment across the Association;
- Undertaking programs to promote harmonized development and implementation of E-services and related ICT systems;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should be in possession of an Honours Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science; or Information Technology; or Software Engineering; or Management Information Systems; or Statistics/Mathematics (Computer Science option) or other relevant qualifications from a recognized University / Institution.
- At least one Industry Certification such as CCNA; or OCP; or MCSE; or Information Security and Systems Audit will be an added advantage.
- A background in computer science, information systems or a related field.
- At least five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the insurance sector or financial services sector will be an added advantage.
- The IT Officer should have strong technical skills, as well as excellent leadership, communication and project management abilities.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Ability to provide solutions to complex technical problems
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key ICT players
- Strong critical thinking, analytics, decision making and able to pay attention to details
- Team player and able to multi-task under pressure and manage time to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Experience in managing and rolling out ICT infrastructure
- Knowledge of computer systems, security, networks, storage systems and VoIP systems.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the above position should submit soft copies of the following;
- Application letter.
- A detailed and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates and professional qualifications.
- Names and addresses of three referees.
Submissions should be sent in soft copies to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to;
The Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Insurers Association (UIA),
24A Acacia Avenue, Kololo
P.O. Box 8912,
Deadline: Monday 20th March 2023 at 5pm.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||Uganda Insurers Association (UIA)|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|