Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Lubowa, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Internal Audit
The Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is an indigenous medical organization that was established in 1991 as a limited liability not-for-profit Joint-venture between the Uganda Ministry of Health (MoH), Ministry of Defense and Makerere University Medical School (now Makerere College of Health Sciences).
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor is responsible for carrying out an independent audit of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which JCRC’S financial, physical and information resources are managed. The duties include analyzing evidential data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion and preparation of comprehensive reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in audits of departments, functions and collaborative projects with official protocol agreements with JCRC.
- Formulate and recommend audit work plans including scope, techniques, and a timetable;
- Review records, interviewing personnel in order to obtain information in the course of carrying out the audit;
- Perform analysis to determine legal, contractual, and financial compliance, of the activities of the department and collaborative projects.
- Audit financial accounting and operational records, procedures and practices, to determine accuracy and compliance with accepted practices, procedures and the law;
- Reviewing accounting and administrative controls in order to evaluate soundness and reliability;
- Prepare written audit findings and recommendations for corrective actions and operational and managerial improvements;
- Present findings as required to affected managerial personnel, explaining findings and encouraging implementation of recommendations;
- Prepare audit reports, working papers, schedules & summaries;
- Assist in the performance of special reviews requested by Management and Board of Directors;
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting and auditing practices through continuing professional education.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/ Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance or Business Administration majoring in Accounting from a recognized University or institution.
- Must have an intermediate stage (part II) of a professional Audit/Accounting qualification such as CIA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or an equivalent.
- Two years of relevant audit experience in a relatively large organization.
- Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of integrity.
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the JCRC policies and Core Values.
- Must be computer literate
How to Apply:
All applications must be addressed to:
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected]
Please strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification. The public is further strongly advised to be vigilant about fraudsters masquerading to be recruiting on JCRC’s behalf using Whatsapp and other unofficial means of communication.
Deadline: 19th November, 2021 by 5:00pm