Job Title: Investigator
Duty Station: Uganda
Redeem is a Christian (International) NGO with a mission of protecting widows and orphans from violent abuse and exploitation. We are currently launching casework teams in the Wakiso and Iganga districts to partner with local law enforcement authorities in land grabbing cases.
Redeem is seeking qualified justice sector professionals to represent individual land grabbing victims in criminal and civil cases while contributing to Redeem’s culture of Christian excellence.
Job Summary: The Investigator will report to the Iganga Team Lead, and will be based in the Iganga district with travel throughout Uganda.
Redeem strives to build a culture of Christian excellence that reflects the following three core values:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- We love each other well;
- We don’t make easy things hard;
- We measure by results; and
- We are joyful in our work.
- Redeem is looking for a highly skilled and responsible individual who will reflect these values while representing individual victims of violence in the criminal, civil and administrative justice systems and enhancing the capacities of our law enforcement partners from JLOS
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Required: Five years of progressive experience in and investigative capacity in the police, military or
- similar governmental agency or private, nongovernmental organizations or enterprises;
- Required: Experience in carrying out undercover surveillance and operative management,
- Required: Experience in witness interviewing, evidence collection and evidence analysis;
- Preferred: Degree or equivalent in Law enforcement, Criminal Justice or related field;
- Preferred: Training in self defense, combat, personal/operational security or similar discipline;
- Preferred: Experience in conducting casework similar to that of Redeem’s; and
- Preferred: Experience working with the UPF and JLOS actors.
- Required: Fluency in English and Lusoga with excellent written and oral communication in both;
- Required: Computer literacy with strong capacity in word processing, email and other systems;
- Preferred: Good knowledge of basic Laws of Uganda, criminal court procedures, and regulations;
- Preferred: Understanding of Google business suite and digital project management tools; and
- Preferred: Public speaking and or teaching skills.
- Required: Mature Christian faith;
- Required: High degree of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Required: Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and ability to work on a multidisciplinary team;
- Required: Excellent independent professional judgement and ethical decision-making;
- Required: Innovative and creative problem solving in the face of complex nuanced issues; Required: Persistence and tenacity in the face of difficult problems or challenges;
- Required: Commitment to meet deadlines and achieve results in fast-paced environment; and Required: Love-motivated service orientation toward clients, colleagues, partners and adversaries.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume, with copies of their academic credentials, to [email protected]
Deadline: 14th January 2022.