Job ID 16905
Job Title: EACOP IST Local Operations and Support
Organisation: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Job Summary: On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced EACOP IST Local Operations and Support to work in Kampala. Based in Kampala + missions in country in Uganda. Transverse service requiring good coordination and communication with EACOP end users. Therefore, good relational qualities are required. Works in coordination with EACOP IST and Corporate business teams across Uganda, Tanzania and UK.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record and track user requests for assistance relating to equipment and applications.
- Translate and formulate user requests or needs into solutions or feasibility studies and interventions
- Plan, prepare and test the installations and configurations of equipment (workstations, phones, videoconference), systems, networks and applications.
- Plan and coordinate work and / or interventions (maintenance, upgrade and / or installation of materials, tools, equipment, systems, etc.).
- Operational management of local Service Contracts: Internet Service Provider, mobile communications, technical room commodities – power, A/C, access control, CCTV, fire detection and extinction, etc.
- Test system updates or corrections (including non-regression) before going into production
- Analyze, use data from IST tools or business applications / software and perform technical QA/QC.
- Intervene following a request for assistance in the office or remotely.
- Maintain the IST inventory (hardware, software, systems component, …) and update the IST service management tool (incidents / problem – CMDB – change management).
- Diagnose and resolve 1st and 2nd level malfunctions, breakdowns, network incidents, defective materials, equipment, applications and virus incidents.
- Escalate to 3rd level support teams or contracts and provides local proximity support.
- Installation of applications
- Meeting rooms technical support.
- Install and use support tools for IST systems supervision
- Inform users about security issues (backup, virus, data confidentiality …)
- Apply and enforce the rules related to data protection and cybersecurity
- Perform monitoring and analysis of the data, issue reports on daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis according to the needs.
- Train and advise users in his/her area of expertise
H3SE Roles and responsibilities:
- The service holder shall demonstrate a continuous commitment to EACOP H3SE standards at all times.
Context and environment: The main objective at current stage is the set-up of EACOP Company IST solutions and services, perform deployment and adoption to the users, combined with ramp-up of users as EACOP Project mobilization and construction starts.
Accountabilities: The Local Operations and Support is accountable for the overall good quality of services provided to EACOP end-users.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualifications: Master knowledge and practice of corporate applications administration and Microsoft 365 Proficiency in the usage of computers, software and applications, Cloud-based solutions and services, IST management and monitoring tools. Ability to organize and manage priorities, rigorous. General team spirit: Creative, strength of proposal for performance improvement, good contact, sense of communication.
- Experience: 3 to 8 years’ experience in its technical specialty (IST support, workstations, infrastructure, security, applications)
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined to apply online at the link below.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Q-sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
Deadline: 4th October 2021 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare