Job ID 16599
Job Title: Manager Remittances & Treasury Operations
Organisation: KCB Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers
Job Summary: Reporting to the Manager, Treasury, Trade Operations and Remittances is responsible for implementing operational controls as well as ensuring seamless processing and excellent service delivery in Treasury Operations, Remittances, and Custody whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory and internal controls.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate Authorisation of all government securities related transactions on CSD and PDSG (Security Master Maintenance – T-bills and T bonds, Standard Settlement Maintenance.
- Avail maturities of all Forex and Money Market interbank deals at settlement date, through capturing all T24 treasury settlements and transfer schedules (FX, MM deals) and (MT200, MT202 and MT103 RTGS) (Internet banking deals.
- Confirmation of all counter party deals through both phone and Email with the banks that do not share SWIFT messages ensuring these confirmations are matched per deal.
- Verification and processing of Revaluation (rates daily) and M-T-M rates (monthly) in T24 with their correctness to avoid any loses to the bank.
- Daily Monitoring the entire branch network on the daily forex rates usage (capping misuse of mid rates) and maintain a regular confirmation of the forex position report together with the dealer.
- Nostro account balance management though daily and timely preparation of the gap analysis report Treasury front office and subsequently transferring funds and per their Instruction (Nostro funding). To avoid having overdrawn positions at these accounts.
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of all treasury related reports both regulatory and internal as per the set guidelines. (Regulatory – Forex Transaction Report, Weekly Derivatives AND Internal – Coupon Receivable account report, forex Suspense accounts report, Treasury Operations report- TROPS, Nostro Gap Analysis and the entire securities book.
- Resolution of all treasury outstanding items both in Nostro and Government Securities to avoid loses through a timely reconciliations and proofing of all treasury transactions and accounts plus the Treasury positions in all currencies.
- Accurately Process transactions through Hot Scan (1st level) and ensure proper KYC & AML are done on funds into and out of the bank together with Managing and handling T24 INAU que, ensuring all TT transactions adhere to international standards of operation and Timely update of the GPI-MT199 and tracker.
- Prompt response and closure of all reconciliation items related to TROOPS’ queries from internal and external customers or institutions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the KCB Bank job should hold a Degree in economics/Business related field
- ACI Operations
- Master’s Degree in Business related field
- General managerial/administration skills
- Treasury Operations & Products knowledge
- Banking operations knowledge
- Knowledge of policy and procedures
- Risk management
- Customer services skills
- Knowledge of Swift
- People management skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online through the KCB Bank online recruitment portal at the link below.
Deadline: 4th October 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare