Job ID 30972
Membership Recruitment and Retention Officer
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Non-profits, Foundations & Philanthropists ]
Uganda Girl Guides Association
Deadline of this Job:
03 February 2023
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 20, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Membership Recruitment and Retention Officer will assist the association in the maintenance of member relations and support the board in communication with members. The role will require working closely with the board to deliver the Association’s membership strategy. She will maintain the members database, assist in the administration tasks of member recruitment, track member satisfaction and assist in monitoring member engagement with the relevant members of the association
• To work in partnership with programme leads from across the organisation to ensure UGGA members benefits are delivered through the existing regional structure to our various districts, overseeingthe co-ordination of supportfor regional activities.
• To ensure that the information and intelligence about regional and district (local associations) needs, collected by relevant volunteers and staff, is recorded within UGGA database systems and is available to inform theUGGA strategy and planning processes.
• In conjunction with the Finance and Regional Commissioners propose a budgetfor each region to deliver the regional plan and undertake active monitoring ofthe regional budgets.
• To review regional plans and provide guidance to volunteer leads as needed, particularly with regard to:
The strategic goals and objectives of proposed activities
1. Programme and provided content of activities together with the training committees and programme lead/officer.
2. Recruitment and activation of members to support activities.
3. Maintaining an accurate and up to date database of the association
4. Monitor existing member engagement and subscription payment
5. Be the primary point of contact for new membership enquiries and ensure responses to all such enquiries are made in a timely manner.
6. Assist the chief commissioner through the finance department to ensure membership fees are paid on time and any long overdue fees are addressed with urgency.
7. Work closely with programme officer in identifying opportunities for more recruitment of members and enrolment of members through programmes and UGGA opportunities.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only to highlight the main requirements of the post holder. The line manager (National Executive Secretary) may stipulate other reasonable requirements.
The job descriptionwill be reviewed regularly and may be subjectto change.
1. Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
2. Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
3. Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
4. Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
1. Have an understanding ofthe membership organisations dynamics
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Excellent MS Office skills.
4. Ability to build and maintain relationships with third parties.
5. A track record of problem solving.
1. A bachelor’s degree in development studies or social work, social administration, Business Computing, Computer Science or Information Technology.
2. Must have knowledge of database design and theories
3. Must have knowledge of database structure languages
4. Must have Experience with server installation and maintenance
5. Must be familiar with database management best practices
6. Must have knowledge of IT security best practices
7. Ability to work with data architects and other IT specialist to set up, maintain and monitor data networks.
8. Must have knowledge of database structure management and administration.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy.
All applicants must attach professional, academic Documents and any other relevant information to the post applied for, National ID and motivational letter stating why you’re the most suitable candidate for the post applied for is a must.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Chief Commissioner,
Uganda Girl Guides Association,
P.O. Box 696, Bombo Road, Kampala and in soft copy to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants can access a detailed job description and requirements on the UGGA website, www.girlguidesuganda.org and also at UGGA Headquarters’ notice board at Buganda