Job ID 32880
Job Title: Money Markets Trader
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Global Financial Markets
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: Reporting to Head of Global Financial Markets, the Money Markets Trader will be responsible for exploring avenues for contributing to the banks profitability and expertise in matters related to funding of the Bank’s positions, meeting reserving requirements and trading in government securities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow the Bank’s interest income through interbank lending.
- Anticipate and be alert to market changes and spot opportunities for investment.
- Manage inter-bank money market transactions which include placements, borrowings and REPOS.
- In conjunction with Treasury, ensure that the bank meets it Cash Reserve Requirements.
- Funding of NOSTROS and clearing accounts to ensure that there are sufficient funds to meet clients’ needs at any time.
- Monitor limits to keep within the Bank’s acceptable risk apetite.
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to get an understanding of all major clients’ current cash positions and anticipated future cash positions to take relevant decisions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank job must hold a university Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, or related field.
- Four years of experience in Banking.
- Basic working knowledge of Financial Markets.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Mathematically inclined.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to Keep up with global developments including economic & political developments in as far as they relate to interest rates, exchange rates, commodity prices etcetera.
- Basic knowledge of treasury products especially financial markets products.
- Willingness to take measured risks.
- Broad knowledge of banking practices and local banking regulations.
- A good appreciation and knowledge of Risk Management, Covering Credit, Market, Counterparty and Operational Risk.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
Deadline: 21st March 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||DFCU Bank|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|