Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Deadline of this Job:
15 December 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA is Sub Recipient to TASO under the new funding model implemented in partnership with TASO and aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis. UDHA requires the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts below;
Job Title : Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (Full Time)
No of Vacancy : 1
Terms : Contract basis based on performance
Reports to : Executive Officer.
Location : UDHA headquarters in Iganga, with frequent travels in the districts of operation
Job Purpose :
The job holder will provide overall M&E technical guidance and ensure existence of a functional M&E system that supports all existing projects. Routinely review and monitor implementation of M & E management systems and guidelines for measuring and tracking project performance & and manage the utilization of data and information to guide the implementation of the project.
Job roles and responsibilities, Specification and Competences for the Job.
• Develop plans and user-appropriate quality tools, and control systems that guarantee proper management of information and data at all levels
• Keep abreast of developments in project changes & recommendation tools and strategies to increase project performance and results.
• Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within the project team.
• Assist Program teams to develop systematic and realistic performance monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators.
• Coordinate the implementations of baseline surveys, follow-on monitoring and evaluation exercises for UDHA’s projects.
• Build capacity of partners and staff on data management, data analysis and results-oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation and report writing techniques and requirements.
• Develop program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information in programs.
• Take lead and coordinate technical annual, quarterly & monthly reporting according to defined reporting schedules and write regular monitoring and technical reports as required.
• Facilitate documentation and reporting of assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and external sharing.
• Develop and maintain effective information database on projects, providing resources and necessary support for program inputs and outputs.
• Provide assistance to senior management of the organization in identifying donor resources, fundraising and writing proposals for long-term sustainability.
• Supervise departmental staff and ensure all planned activities are implemented as per work plans.
• Ensure that donor, partners, and UDHA management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Actively participate in resource mobilization activities for the organization
• Perform any other duties assigned to you from time to time by your supervisors.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer science, Business Computing and Information Technology from a recognized and reputable Institution.
• Post graduate Qualification Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized and reputable institution is a must.
• Deep understanding of TB, HIV and AIDS and health Systems strengthening issues is desirable.
• Familiar with health system functions in Uganda, Analytical and report writing skills, Good communication skills and positive attitude to team work
• Knowledge of statistical analysis and data management packages of Ms Access, Ms Excel, SPSS, and EpiDATA.
• Demonstrated research experience and skills, is an added advantage.
• HIGH LEVEL OF INTEGRITY
• A minimum of 5 years of similar work experience in Monitoring and evaluation of donor funded project
• Candidate should be able to work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisor.
• Good knowledge and strong demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, including participatory approaches.
• Familiarity with IT applications to support M & E and information management an added advantage.
• Leadership and management skills
Competencies for the job
• Candidate should be able to work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisor
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required, excellent coordination and organizational skills.
• Presentation, facilitation and training skills.
• Ability to plan workload and demonstrate accountability for outputs with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
• Strong understanding of statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, STATA) and familiarity with IT applications to support M & E and information management an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To download and read full job requirements please go to: www.udhauganda.org and www.pila-consultants.com Please provide a detailed CV that demonstrates possession of relevant competencies, current position, the job requirements specified, academic qualifications, employment experience including current position, and contact details of three referees preferably from previous or current employments. All candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to submit in single PDF their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents of not more than 2GB via email to [email protected] quoting the position of interest in the subject line
For further details please contact PILA Consultants Limited Tel: +256-393 275 892, Mob: +256-78-4-219107, 0704-706910 E-mail: [email protected]
You can also visit these websites: www.pila-consultants.com, www.tasouganda.org
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification.
The advert is valid up to 15/12/2021 5:00pm