Job ID 30877
Job Title: National Office Accountant
Organisation: Ayuda en Acción
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ayuda en Acción is an organization with an international presence that, from a global commitment, has been fighting against poverty, inequality and exclusion since its birth in 1981. Our scope of action is developed in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and from 2013 also in Spain, in those territories and populations with greater vulnerability and less access to opportunities to exercise their rights with equality and equity. A non-denominational, non-partisan organisation committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that generate inequality of opportunities, social exclusion and poverty. A supportive community of exchange of values and capabilities, based on dignity, equality and mutual respect, which includes more than 120,000 people, a large number of companies and diverse collaborators, whose solidarity reaches around 2,500,000 people with whom we work together to improve their lives.
Job Summary: Ayuda en Acción is recruiting experienced candidates to support the Finance & Administration Department, being responsible for the accountancy of the Ugandan National Programme while ensuring compliance to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and standards (IFRS); ensuring the good management and use of the financial, human, material and technological resources available, complying to the applicable regulations; supporting other operational areas of the organization, partners, communities, public institutions and other relevant actors to achieve the organization’s objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post daily financial transactions (cash and banks) in the accounting system ensuring their compliance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standard) and the Spanish general accounting plan;
- Maintain and update archives of all administrative documentation in hard & soft copies;
- Follow-up accountabilities on all funds disbursed to staff to ensure timely liquidation of advance funds;
- Petty cash payments management and monthly cash reconciliation;
- Timely Prepare payments to suppliers and submit them for approval;
- Assure compliance with legal, accounting and tax local regulations;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial & accounting reports in accordance with the established guidelines and deadlines;
- Monitor the financial execution in order to identify and correct budgetary deviations in a timely manner for an effective contribution to the Ayuda en Acción objectives;
- Management and control of the cash positions ensuring adequate liquidity levels at all times for Ayuda en Acción project’s implementation and perform monthly bank reconciliations;
- Ensure compliance with Tax obligations: prepare URA, local taxes & NSSF forms and payments;
- Support in the management of the human resources area: timely preparation of accurate payrolls, maintain and update personnel information records, etc;
- Support procurement procedures and assure inventory control, in accordance with the internal regulations established by the organization and donors;
- Follow up on external/internal audits, accounting and projects’ execution processes;
- Monitor and perform comprehensive evaluations within of the control of the accounting, tax and financial management, developing and guaranteeing the sustainability of the processes carried out;
- Enhance the implementation of best practices and internal control mechanisms in the resources management;
- Perform any other duties as may be requested or assigned by the National Administrator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a University studies in Finance/Accounting or related. Valued: Chartered Accountant
- At least five years of experience in a comparable position, preferably in an INGO setting;
- High skills in office software (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.);
- High skills in financial ERP (knowledge of SAP ERP will be a plus);
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written);
- Availability to travel to the field programme implementation areas;
- Proficiency in labour, accountancy and tax legislation in force.
Qualities and key skills
- Problem solving and innovation;
- Results orientation;
- Pro Active, fast learner, cooperative and organized behavior.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Ayuda en Acción should apply online at the link below.
|Hiring Organization||Ayuda en Acción|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|