Job ID 27631
Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: PPDA Headquarters, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Strategy and Planning
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to develop standards and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all Procuring and Disposing Entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Department to ensure that the Authority’s Strategic Plan is effectively implemented.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and direct visitors, answer phone inquiries and handle complaints in a courteous and professional manner,
- Ensure office supplies are maintained, including checking inventory and working with vendors to ensure adequate levels of necessary supplies at all times,
- Deliver documents internally from the Department to others and ensure a smooth exchange of information from one Department to another,
- Maintain safe custody and storage of Department Documentation,
- Coordinate schedules, arrange meetings, distribute memos and reports and ensure that everyone is kept current of necessary company news and information,
- Operate the photocopier, fax machines, printers or other equipment necessary, and
- Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Social sciences, development studies, SWASA, Business Admin, Organisational psychology, or other related courses
- No experience is required
- Customer Service Skills,
- Good communication skills,
- Attention to detail,
- Self-initiative/ self-drive, and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply:
- All candidates should send a completed application form, Download Here and the relevant academic documents to; email@example.com with the job position applied for as the subject
- The attachments should be limited to the following documents; a duly filled application form, National ID, O-level and A-level Certificates, Honours (1st Class and 2nd Class Upper Degree.
- Applicants for the Regional Positions should be residents of the Region (Central, Western, Eastern or Northern) and provide a recommendation letter from LC 1 Chairperson as evidence.
- All attachments should be sent as one file in PDF format.
- The subject of the email should be ‘Application for the Position of…” (indicate the position applied for)
Deadline: 30th September 2022 by 5:00pm