Job ID 30842
Organisation: Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK)
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
Job Summary: The Lead Generator will achieve agreed sales targets in line with the business objectives through pro-active selling of Bank’s consumer lending/ Retail asset and liability products.
The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new and existing customers where they are expected to grow the respective branch asset and liability book.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales to Retail customers with operational rigor and compliance with KYC requirements: (90%)
- Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of Bank’s consumer lending products to meet set sales targets.
- Provide direct “hands on” sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow up) to generate and convert quality leads into sales.
- Submit and check correctness of the completed application forms of different products in line with Bank policies and requirements to line manager for review
- Comply with general Operational risk & Rigor requirements e.g., Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC, and anti-money laundering regulations
Customer Service (5) %
- Provide excellent timely customer service in line with Absa values and policies
- Resolve customer queries, complaints and process their applications within the bank ‘s service level agreements. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Line Manager.
- Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and the KYC Helpdesk, credit unit) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries, complaints, and submitted product applications
Technical Experience and Capability (5) %
- Pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in learning and development trainings assigned
- Agree annual performance objectives with the line manager, including specific sales targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ABSA Bank Lead Generator job must have a First degree or diploma or relevant experience in a front-line banking sales/marketing/service environment.
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
- Role requires pro-active sales generation, and the role holder will be required to spend a lot of time in the field making sales pitches to potential customers
- Competitor product sales experience (desired)
Knowledge & Expertise:
- Education and Experience Required
- Based on market / country requirements
- Minimum of diploma OR equivalent
- Experience of competitor products sales advantage
- Communication and Interaction required:
- Staff in own area (manager, subordinates, colleagues)
- Staff outside own area
- Internal customers (other than staff in own area)
Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Basic knowledge of the bank’s products and services advantage
- Basic understanding of how the Bank operates advantage
- Knowledge of local banking policies and laws
- Outstanding relationship and interpersonal skills
- Strong selling and negotiation Skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Problem solving Skills
- Team Skills
- Communications Skills
- Sales focus
- Basic Legal and credit skills.
- Thorough understanding of the financial services industry.
- Proven sales track record in financial services or related industry.
- Competitor product sales experience
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join ABSA Group in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 20th January 2023
|Hiring Organization||ABSA Bank|
|Job Location||, , Tororo, 0256, Uganda|