Job Title: Head of Procurement
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, more reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the team of 4 Procurement Engineers for treatment of Purchase Requisitions (PRs), Materials from Drilling team up to the Purchase Order (PO) issuance according to Company procedure and ethics (Internal procedures, Hygiene Safety Environment and Quality, Compliance & Anti Bribery).
- Ensure efficacy while supporting the Drilling & Wells team in timely issuance of Contract Call-Off Orders (COO).
- Ensure the quality and timely delivery of the right goods and components / materials either purchased under PO or COO, up to reception as per delivery terms defined in the PO or COO.
- Closely monitor the stock availability: measure shortage and take appropriate remedial actions.
- Ensure whole procurement process is auditable and conducted with highest possible transparency.
- Effectively contribute to the local content development not only by promoting purchase of quality goods available locally but also by training and coaching the procurement team which will be mainly composed of local staff.
- Lead the negotiations of commercial terms of purchases.
- Validate – all contractual documents and formal letters issued.
- – Ensure a thorough evaluation of supplier performance.
- Liaise with other services to maintain materials management optimization (no shortage and no overstock).
- Ensure efficient relationships with the customs brokers and freight forwarders, according to the customs clearing procedures and duties.
- Contribute to the optimization of the economic performance of the operations (including optimization of transportation costs).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the TotalEnergies Head of Procurement job should hold a Degree in relevant technical or Business field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of procurement and freight forwarding of drilling equipment & materials in upstream Oil & Gas sector.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience of management of drilling materials in SAP.
- Good knowledge of purchasing, transit and stock management.
- Good numeracy and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (including team management), written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.