Job Title: Drilling Engineer
Duty Station: Uganda
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, more reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Drilling Engineer participates in detailed engineering studies of extremely challenging extended reach wells in very unconsolidated formations targeting shallow reservoirs with a capacity to do so having critical impact on wells delivery (and associated first oil and production delivery).
- Prepare wells trajectories (420+ wells planned over 31 well pads) taking into account GSR requirements and downhole difficulties (wells anti-collision, gas cap and major faults crossing and avoidance, completion design constraints.
- Prepare wells drilling programs and provides support to sites during their execution.
- Adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behavior about HSE rules with associated implementation and control within area of responsibility.
- Prepare and QAQC wells AFE (CAPEX).
- Perform drilling engineering studies and drilling software simulations to ensure wells construction and wells integrity, taking into account complex anti-collision requirements and follow up.
- Assist the Head of drilling engineering for the preparation of the General Drilling Program.
- Participate in the preparation of well’s SOR in collaboration with Completion engineering team and GSR team, with special focus on well technical feasibility.
- Perform collaborative work with GSR team to minimize well trajectories complexity while maximizing reservoir requirements ensuring wells productivity.
- Assist in preparation of detailed well drilling programs and issue reports and studies on specific well issues (anti-collision simulations, casing running, torque and drag simulations, wells hydraulics, etc).
- Investigate new drilling techniques and equipment.
- Participate in daily drilling operations (day to day with operational people) and identify improvements.
- Prepare End of Well Reports.
- Participate to the Drilling Improvement Process system.
- Participate in HSE audits, Incident investigations, SQMs.
- Assist in preparation of pre-spud meetings and participate in same.
- Assist in preparation of derogation dossiers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the TotalEnergies Drilling Engineer job should hold a Master’s (or equivalent professional experience)
- Three years of experience in drilling operations and / or engineering.
- Good knowledge of TotalEnergies Company policy and procedures (drilling, testing, safety/environment).
- Use of drilling design software (trajectory, hydraulics)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.