Job ID 33067
We are looking for a committed, and flexible Operations Manager with leadership potential to oversee our operations across different routes in the greater Kampala area and ensure the company's operations are meeting the standards we promise to our customers.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Our client is changing the way commuters live by changing the way they travel to work, to their home, and everywhere in between. Working with minibus taxis we are building a network of trained and trusted drivers and pre-vetted minibusses to provide safe, clean, and reliable public transport.
We are looking for a committed, and flexible Operations Manager with leadership potential to oversee our operations across different routes in the greater Kampala area and ensure the company’s operations are meeting the standards we promise to our customers.
The specific duties of an Operations Manager include ensuring trips are run in a smooth and timely manner, monitoring and enforcing driver standards, recruiting and training, and onboarding new drivers.
- Ensure all trips run in a timely and smooth manner.
- Monitor and enforce driver standards.
- Ensure drivers comply with road safety, customer service, and operational guidelines.
- Ensure all drivers meet branding standards and guidelines.
- Work with field teams to recruit, onboard, and train new drivers.
- Manage, develop, and coach driver champions to spearhead driver initiatives
- Set and monitor productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver.
- Work with the Customer Support team on daily rides; document problem fixes and provide instructions to Customer Support should problems recur.
- Conduct root cause investigations for all incidents ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Review and audit documentation related to route operations on a daily basis (e.g., DVIRs, driver time and attendance, open tickets), following up where appropriate.
- Proven work experience as an Operations Manager or similar role
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operational management
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to drive initiatives in a start-up environment
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the ‘Apply Here’ section or login to apply