Job ID 30907
As part of the Supply Chain Management Improvement Program -SMIP, Patasente is recruiting an operations Manager for our partner – Edwin Farmers Limited. He/she will be responsible for managing the milk collection centers, planning, and coordinating field operations involving milk collection and delivery to the customers.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:3 years
As part of the Supply Chain Management Improvement Program -SMIP- implemented by Patasente – a trade services platform, Patasente is recruiting an operations Manager for one of our partners – Edwin Farmers Limited, a milk aggregation and distribution company.
Position: Operations Manager
Reports to: Board of Directors
Duty Station: Edwin Farms Limited
Place of Work: Rushere, Mbarara
Responsible for carrying out planning, organizing, and coordinating field operations involving management of milk collection centers ( MCCs), milk collection, chilling and transportation/delivery to the company customers. He/She will also be manage process controls involving testing of raw milk, grading, chilling, delivery and maintaining hygienic conditions at the milk collection centers (MCCs) and bulk collection center (BCC) as per agreed guidelines/provisions according to Edwin Farms Policy.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure proper management and implement process controls at the milk collection centers to ensure quality collection and maintenance of harmonious commercial relationships with farmers.
- Ensure to carry out planning, organizing, and coordinating field operations involving quality milk collection, chilling, transportation to and delivery to the company customers.
- Ensuring the testing of raw milk, grading, chilling, transportation and maintaining hygienic conditions at the Milk Collection Centers (MCCs) and Bulk Collection Centre (BCC).
- Ensuring that all equipment used in handling milk at the MCCs/BCC are maintained in a hygienic and sanitary manner in accordance with ISO requirements.
- Ensuring that only raw milk of acceptable quality standards is accepted at the milk collection centers
- Coordinate the sensitization of farmers on clean milk production and productivity enhancement at every company milk collection center.
- Control and monitoring wastages/losses of at all milk collection centers and reconcile on day-to-day basis the milk purchased from farmers at every MCC and dispatched to the company customers.
- Prepare weekly and monthly performance reports on business performance to the Board of Directors.
- Lead the supply chain digitization strategy of the company aimed to ensure all MCCs and farmers are part of the company’s digital platform and transact through such platforms.
- Scout and recommend areas with milk potential for the establishment of new MCCs or pick-up points across the country.
- Ensure the safe custody of the company property and report any breakdowns that may occur at cooler facilities and transportation equipment.
- Scout and recommend areas with milk potential for the establishment of new MCCs or pick-up points in your area
- University degree in either Procurement, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent with 3 years experience in relevant field.
- CIPs and being comfortable with IT systems and different digital platforms is an added advantage.
- Ability to review data and make relevant management decisions is a must advantage.
- Able to work and stay around the duty station in Rushere.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including an updated CV and cover letter through THIS JOB APPLICATION LINK>