Job Title: Operations Manager
Organisation: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO based in Los Angeles, California, USA. AHF is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation – Uganda Cares. AHF-Uganda Cares is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation with a mission to provide cutting edge and free HIV and AIDS services, including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings.
AHF – Uganda Cares to date operates in 23 districts including Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Luweero, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Nakasongola, Nakaseke, Buikwe, Ntungamo, Tororo, Kapelebyong, Gulu, Busia and supports 52 clinic sites country wide. The organisation now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic, and experienced persons to fill the positions below.
Job Summary: Based at Kampala Office, the Operations Manager ensures timely accomplishment of the country program targets through efficient implementation of operational plans and targets, the operations manager will work closely with finance & administration manager and human resource manager, in addition to managing the supply chain, the operations manager will also be responsible for proper management of organisation’s assets, estate, fleet, security and support the setup of new clinic/projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support services to ensure smooth and timely implementation of the program activities. The main services include procurement management, inventory management, transportation management and maintenance of office equipment.
- Responsible for management of the supply chain. Specifically maintain and manage supplier data bank; ensures that the agreed procurement procedures are adhered to by all key players in the procurement process and advise the country program director on all matters pertaining to procurement function in the program.
- Ensures that agreed operational policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Manages estates and assets to ensure that they are always in sound condition.
- Responsible for timely acquisition of utilities and ensures that MoUs and the necessary operational licenses are updated promptly.
- Ensures that an updated asset register is maintained and shared with finance department.
- Responsible for insurance of the program assets.
- Manages outsourced services in particular security services, cleaning services, and equipment service and maintenance contracts.
- Actively participates in setting up of new program sites/clinics.
- Cooperates in the execution of internal and external audits and ensures compliance with audit recommendations.
- Manages the leasing function of the program.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by senior management.
- Manages fleet maintenance and fuel consumption.
- Identifies and manages possible risks to the program such as fire, terrorist attack, theft of property, accidents, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in logistics & supply chain management, procurement, business administration or an equivalent from a recognized university/institution. Membership of professional bodies in particular Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CUT) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ continuous experience of working in a management related position in healthcare delivery systems.
- Two to three years’ experience of managing a procurement function in a related environment.
- Country level experience in managing complex operations for INGOs.
How to Apply:
Address your email application (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to: [email protected] mentioning clearly Position and Location in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB – any larger email will not be considered.
Note: Due to COVID -19, hardcopy applications shall not be admitted. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Tuesday, 30th November 2021 at 5:00pm