Job ID 27977
Job Title: Partnership and Grants Officer
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Duty Station: Fort Portal, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
Job Summary: The Partnerships and Grants Officer will support the National Finance and Administration Officer (NAFO) in strategic and Operational stewardship over donor funds by applying a set of relevant systems, policies, procedures and tools to ensure that sub-grants, contracts and partnership agreements are donor compliant and best serve the organizational mission. Under the direction of NAFO while receiving technical support from the Contract and Grants Manager, the Grant and Partnerships officer will be responsible for ensuring that the program adheres to all its grant and partner management obligations internally within IFDC and externally with donors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in review of grantee/partner proposals, workplans, budgets and project risk matrices to ensure accuracy before award of sub grants or contracts
- Support the development of sub-grant/ partner agreements, contracts and any subsequent modifications;
- Participate in monitoring grantee/partner activities to ensure that they are implemented according to the approved workplans and budgets
- Update grantee/partner and contract tracking and financial reporting tools
- Review financial reports for grantees and partners
- Work with grantees and partners to compile and report on cost share
- Liaise with the finance and operations staff to ensure timely disbursement of funds and liquidation of advanced funds.
- Provided technical assistance to grantees/partners in grants management, financial forecast development, accounting and reporting
- Assist with the grantee close out processes particularly the liquidation of advances and asset disposal processes
- Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date filing system on all aspects of grants management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field
- At least five years of experience in grants and partnership roles
- Practical experience in the management of donor funded projects in the NGO sector;
- Strong computer skills with experience in MS office software and internet;
- Proficiency in English, both in verbal and written communication;
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, team working skills with ability to maintain effective work relationships.
- Previous experience grants, partnerships and contracts processes
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively
- Ability to assess priorities and work on own initiative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the achievement of goals.
- Good teamwork skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.