Job Title: Pharmacy Logistics Coordinator
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
Job Summary: The Pharmacy and Logistics Coordinator will support the development of sustainable, appropriate and good quality pharmacy and logistical services under the USAID LPHS TB Activity. The Pharmacy Logistics Coordinator will also serve a supervisory role for the District Logistics Officers (DLOs) employed by this project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure regular supply of commodities required inpatient management from time to time
- Work in close collaboration with MoH/NTLP Logistics Coordinator to quantify, manage, and mitigate any anticipated DS-TB, DR-TB and TB/HIV commodity gaps at national and sub-national levels.
- Coordinate support to districts for timely submission of accurate orders for TB/HIV commodities in the supported districts, verification of order fulfilment and placement of emergency orders where applicable.
- Develop a system that will ensure awareness about adverse drug reactions and support close tracking and reporting to the National Drug Authority (NDA)
- Supporting health workers in dispensing and stores management through onsite training and development of standard operating procedures
- Assist districts and Regional Referral Hospitals to develop systems to closely monitor the stock of commodities used in TB/HIV management
- Strengthen the already existing health systems to ensure the sustainability of cost-effective, safe, efficacious and rational use of pharmaceutical products
- Support MoH strategic interventions in strengthening the process of supply chain management of key DS-TB, DR-TB, TB/HIV and laboratory supplies
- Strengthen the process of tracking and accountability of pharmaceutical products and related supplies at national and sub-national levels.
- Support drafting of specifications of pharmaceutical supplies to be procured by the project
- Supervise the district Logistics officers and ensure that they deliver on their set targets
- Preparing reports and documentation of all activities related to pharmacy Logistics aspects of the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Pharmacy Logistics Coordinator should have a bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
- Postgraduate training in project planning and management is an added advantage
- A master’s degree in public health is an added advantage
- Three years of experience working with district health systems and/or MoH
- Understands how to use the TB and ARV Web-based ordering and reporting system; Customer Self Service Portal (CSSP), Real-Time ARV/TB Stock Status (RASS) monitoring system and RX solutions.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical principles, practices, equipment and supplies
- Knowledge of proper record-keeping practices and stores management
- Ability to train other health care specialists
- Experience in analysis and reporting of data for program decision making
- Good communication, organization and management skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits a high level of ethical conduct
- Good interpersonal skills and can work in a team
- Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, the internet and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 9th January 2022