Job ID 30714
Job Title: Plant Maintenance Electrician
Organisation: Mukwano Industries Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Electrical Supervisor
Job Ref. No. MIUL/PME
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out repair, maintenance and installation of electrical systems.
- Schedule, assign, plan and monitor the work of subordinates.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Direct, schedule, assign, plan and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Makes requisitions for electrical materials required.
- Plan and develop work schedules, equipment usage schedules and procedure for equipment and appliance maintenance.
- Monitor the acquisition and use of materials.
- To oversee housekeeping in the plant.
- Assist Electrical Supervisor in design requirement.
- Calculate electrical loads and make sure they meet set standards.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Any other duties assigned by the Electrical Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Higher or Ordinary Diploma or in Electrical Engineering or any related discipline.
- At least three years’ experience of electrical repair and maintenance which includes one year of supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of electrical components and its applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical maintenance, production processes and controls logic.
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude, mathematical and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent personnel management skills.
- Ability to handle multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced working environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent team player and has the ability to manage time in an efficient manner.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should visit our website Click Here, go to the career page and upload the Cover letter, CV and Academic Credentials OR send their Cover letter, CV and Academic documents to email@example.com stating the Job Ref No. in the subject line. All attachments should be submitted as a single PDF document.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is strictly prohibited.
All successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package and benefits.
Deadline: 27th January 2023
|Hiring Organization||Mukwano Group|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|