Job Title: Preservation Coordinator
Duty Station: Uganda
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. Our customers trust our technology-driven approach to design and build infrastructure solutions to responsibly transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today. From concept to commissioning, our expertise and comprehensive solutions deliver certainty, innovation and added value to energy projects around the world.
Job Summary: The Preservation Coordinator mainly participates in the coordination and implementation of the preservation & maintenance requirements on McDermott (MDR) Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects. Responsible for the execution of the plant preservation and maintenance activities, record keeping, in accordance with the Preservation Plan. Work collaboratively within the Project team and with Client to maintain positive relationships. Reports to the Preservation & Maintenance Lead.
Successful candidates must have at least 3 years’ experience within an organization (contractor or owner) as a preservation coordinator on major EPC projects in the refinery, oil and gas industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with the Preservation & Maintenance Lead in implementing the preservation program for the equipment in the area under his responsibility.
- Review and understand the Preservation Plan for the project.
- Checks the vendor requirements for preservation and maintenance.
- Checks the preservation requirements for each piece of equipment on the project.
- Supervise the execution of the preservation activities in accordance with the Preservation Plan.
- Provides first line supervision of the technicians carrying out the preservation activities in the area under his responsibility.
- Record the completion of the preservation activities and ensure all records are passed to the Systems Completion team for entry into the database.
- Responsible for the quality of all preservation work performed in the area under his responsibility.
- Responsible to coordinate the safe and effective utilization of all materials, equipment and personnel assigned to the preservation team in the area under his responsibility.
- Ensure that the National Content Plan is followed by all parties (McDermott and Subcontractors).
- Managing the training and advancement of local employees and ensuring that knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures are included.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Preferably possess a diploma in mechanical engineering or similar
- Knowledge of Systems Completion Database is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills – MS Office Suite.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below