Organization: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Technical Advisor- CQI
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research Organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, health
care and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP’s portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, surveillance of influenza and influenza- like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also epidemiological, basic and implementation research in HIV treatment, care and prevention programs in the Districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe.
Job Summary: The Program Officer- Social Behaviour Change Communication will support the MUWRP PEPFAR program to implement HIV care and treatment program in line with the GoU/PEPFAR guidelines through strengthening local government systems to offer quality HIV prevention, care and treatment services. The program officer – SBCC will support with documentation of key program activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collate stories and data for use in high-impact internal and external communications to “tell the story” of MUWRP PEPFAR activities;
- Identify channels for communicating key messages, including social media and other communications platforms;
- Liase with the MoH and central mechanisms supporting HIV program communication to develop appropriate materials that address unique populations served by the MUWPR PEPFAR program
- Support health facilities and community sub grantee to access to approved IEC materials and ensure appropriate placement at sites
- Support the compilation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports produced by the program;
- Ensure that the project and all technical staff abide by DOD/ WRAIR/ MHRP branding and marking requirements, and draft and maintain appropriate communication templates;
- Train program staff, including subgrantee staff, in public outreach and strategic communications
- methodologies and processes, and DOD/ WRAIR/ MHRP reporting, branding, and marking
- Coordinate, organize, and facilitate important functions such as launching ceremonies and learning visits to the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication and Journalism or related field. Masters is an added advantage.
- At least three years of public awareness and communications experience including planning and implementing strategic communications and advertising campaigns;
- Experience with PEPFAR reporting, branding and marking guidelines;
- Knowledge of local press and electronic media, and strong relationships with media agencies and journalists;
- Excellent English writing, editing, and proofreading skills, especially geared towards international based audience.
- Excellent oral communications skills.
- Experience in design and production of print and audio-visual media, including brochures, publications, videos, preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Ability to meet very tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below and choosing the desired position.
Deadline: 14th January 2022