Job ID 32918
Job Title: Programme Development Coordinator
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: The Programme Development Coordinator will support the Programme Development and Partnerships Team, ensuring strong internal engagement and information sharing, and overall coordination. The role will be responsible for ensuring coherence between project documents, including log frames, narrative proposals and budgets and for managing the Programme Development tracker, maintaining templates and relevant donor information and supporting planning and coordination processes.
This role will work closely with the colleagues across the country office, particularly with the PDQ technical team, including MEAL, Advocacy and Communications, Finance and Awards. The post covers both development and refugee response programming.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of administrative documents for the proposal development process
- Prepare and format donor templates for completion by the technical and finance teams
- Active writing on (parts of) various proposals to institutional (including ECHO, EU, UN Agency and Government funding) and non-institutional (including foundation and internal funding) proposals
- Ensure alignment of documents for specific proposals and support proofreading with a critical eye
- Gather, coordinate and follow-up regularly on inputs and feedback from internal stakeholders within Save the Children (including Director, Programme Development and Quality, Education Consortium Manager, Head of Education, Programme Development Manager, Head of Advocacy and Communications and Deputy Director, Emergency Response) and provide regular updates on progress
- Support amendments, top ups and extensions as required
- Actively contribute to effective management of partners through the proposal development process where working in consortia
- Review and summarize key call for proposals for presentation to technical team, when requested
- Lead the Pre-Awards Actions process in close coordination with other departments
- Coordinate the Kick Off process in close collaboration with the Awards Team
- Develop and maintain a functional donor database
- Work closely with the Awards Team to ensure the Awards Management System is functional and accurately updated
- Support engagement with strategic Members to track new funding opportunities, including documentation of meetings and minute taking
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Save the Children Save the Children International job must hold a Master’s degree in Program/NGO management, social studies, development studies or similar; applicants with a Bachelor’s degree will be considered if they have suitable relevant experience
- At least three years of experience coordinating internal or external processes in an NGO or similar environment (preferably on children’s rights)
- Good interpersonal skills, with proven ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector working.
- Good personal organisational skills, including time management, analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Information Communication Technology literate
- Strong appreciation for partnerships and innovation
- Previous experience, or educational background, in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: Education, FS/L, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, in development and emergencies, is an added advantage
- Familiarity with project design methods and tools (including assessments, logical frameworks, and work planning) and budgeting is as an advantage
- Practical experience and successful track record in writing and leading proposals for a variety of donors, particularly EU/ECHO, USAID, FCDO, private sector foundations and UNICEF is an advantage
- Good knowledge of the development and emergency donor environment and expectations in Uganda is an advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English, including the ability to consolidate complex information into user friendly text
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 24th March 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||Save the Children|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|