Job Title: Quality Assurance / Quality Control Officer
Organization: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: CQI & Compliance Coordinator
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research Organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, health
care and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP’s portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, surveillance of influenza and influenza- like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also epidemiological, basic and implementation research in HIV treatment, care and prevention programs in the Districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe.
Job Summary: The Quality Assurance / Quality Control Officer will be responsible for maintaining QA/QC activities for the Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Study coordinator, Medical Officer and the PI to ensure that study activities and processes are conducted as per protocol and related SOPs
- Ensure that CRFs are correctly, accurately and promptly filled by the clinic research team before presentation for data entry
- Evaluate and respond to quality events incidents, queries, and complaints as they arise in real time
- Keep up to date with all related quality and research ethics legislation and compliance issues
- Work with the Study Coordinator to compile and prepare materials for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Establish and document internal quality assurance and quality control processes/procedures.
- Utilize guidance documents (SOPs, MOPs, research protocol, etc), local and international standards, or consensus standards to support the research teams to conduct all research procedures as expected.
- Conduct the day-to-day quality control audits and promptly communicate the findings to the appropriate stakeholders
- Communicate any critical compliance risks noted from these activities to the Principle Investigator and or senior management.
- Prepare a weekly QC/QA updates for discussion in the weekly research meetings.
- Identify and coordinate the resolution of data queries as they happen
- Determine relevant data quality training requirements and assist with staff training
- Work with the Ministry of Health In charges of to ensure quality data for all conducted research and address any queries or data anomalies with relevant staff.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor/designee.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery.
- At least three years of relevant experience in a Research setting and at least one year in QA/QC work.
- Working knowledge and experience in quality assurance and control procedures, and regulatory environment as they relate to health care/medical research is highly desirable.
- Good writing and presentation and interpersonal skills
- Possesses the ability to train all levels of staff in Quality Control/Assurance
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated/driven.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in teams, motivate, influence data staff and manage time and projects.
- Organizational, planning, research and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and understand the importance and benefits of data quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present findings and recommendations
- Ability to work as a part of a team and interact with data users and managers
- Strong statistical and numerical ability
- Possess technical skills necessary to work with computer systems such as knowledge of office software such as Microsoft word, excel and access.
- Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means deemed appropriate.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below and choosing the desired position.
Deadline: 14th January 2022