Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID’s Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda Activity (USAID’s RHITES EC). The purpose of this project is to support the implementation of a comprehensive, integrated investment in regional health, HIV/AIDS and nutrition assistance. This activity targets 12 districts in East-Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, and child development services. URC is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions based in Jinja district.
Job Summary: Under supervision of Senior Operations Manager, the Senior Administration Officer – Fleet and Stores is responsible for providing oversight and ensuring efficient use of transport, stores, and assets management in line with the project guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly review and monitor the implementation of vehicle & motorcycle guidelines in line with the URC Standard Operating Procedures and Operations guidelines.
- Receive, review documents for payment of vendors for hired vehicles, process payments for vehicle repair bills in line with URC Standard Operating Procedures and USAID guidelines.
- Monitor the vehicle tracker and the Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) for hired vehicles for USAID RHITES-EC.
- Monitor the number of vehicles required by project staff for daily operations and procure or lease additional vehicles as appropriate.
- Ensure project-owned vehicles are properly licensed, insured, maintained and repaired.
- Monitor vehicle defect & mechanical reporting for all drivers, each report should describe detailed faults that require repairs.
- Monitor the fleet management software and report any discrepancies in vehicle usage.
- Prepare monthly fuel requisitions and accountabilities through tracking of fuel card utilization for each vehicle and make monthly reconciliation of bills.
- Regularly review and monitor the implementation of procedures and guidelines on storage, stock & inventory control, and distribution of supplies and consumable materials to different user departments in line with URC Standard Operating Procedures and USAID guidelines.
- Oversee usage of expendable supplies ensuring that these are expended judiciously and avoiding any stock-outs.
- Maintain assets and manage the asset register, i.e., regular updating, insurance, disposal planning and proper utilizations of project assets in line with URC Standard Operating Procedures and USAID guidelines.
- Periodically carry out stores and assets auditing to review the reliability and integrity of stock and assets management information & activities and make appropriate recommendations to curb the gaps in line with the URC Standard Operating Procedures and USAID guidelines.
- Supervise, appraise, support, and maintain a motivated team including Stores Management Specialist and Drivers, through giving constructive feedback, coaching and mentoring, in accordance with the human resources guidelines.
- Prepare and submit monthly Fleet & Stores report to Senior Operations Manager regarding the performance of the fleet and stores section as per the set targets in line with the URC Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Transport Logistics or other related field.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration is an added advantage.
- Five to seven years of experience working in an NGO preferably as a fleet officer.
- Knowledge in Purchasing, Supply and Stores Management.
- Knowledge in fleet management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills with ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams, proven ability to set priorities, multi-task, and work collaboratively as well as independently.
NB: The position is open to Ugandans and applicants legally authorized to work in Uganda. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. CVs submitted for this opportunity may be retained in our database for other/future opportunities, unless we are directed otherwise.
How to Apply:
All candidates should upload an updated CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter at the link below.
Deadline: 7th January 2022