Job Title: Senior Election Officer/In-charge Printery
Organisation: Electoral Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Election Officer/PEO/IT (Infrastructure & Support).
The Electoral Commission, which is established under Article 60 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and mandated to conduct public elections and referenda professionally, impartially and efficiently. It was set up under Article 60 to 67 of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Senior Election Officer/In-charge Printery will manage all aspects of making the presses ready for a job and monitoring and operating the presses during the print run in the Electoral Commission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and requisitioning for materials for production of printed work from the user departments;
- Planning for the overall workflow in the section;
- Planning for timely servicing of printer machines and equipment;
- Ensuring that print orders are executed on time and printed work is delivered to stores;
- Ensuring that standards are followed for all pre-press, off-set printing, binding and print finishing activities;
- Providing IT- related support such as equipment preparation software installation, software testing, trouble shooting and printing as and when required;
- Any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Printing Technology or Information Technology or Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering WITH a Diploma in Printing Technology or a related field from a recognized University/Institution.
- At least three years of relevant working experience in printing technology in Government OR in a busy and reputable organization.
- Knowledge of graphics packages, offset printing, binding and print finishing;
- Knowledge in estimating and costing materials used in printing technology;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties;
- High level of integrity.
- Age: Above 25 years
How to Apply:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry, or mailed to the address indicated below;
The Secretary, Electoral Commission
P.O. Box 22678,
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Deadline: 31st December 2021