Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Organisation: Hofokam Ltd
Duty Station: Head Office (Fort Portal), Uganda
Reports to: Branch Head
Hofokam Ltd is one of the largest Micro Finance Institutions operating in western Uganda with its Head Office based at Fort Portal. Its Vision is “to be the preferred partner of vibrant and economically empowered households in Uganda”. Its mission is, “to provide quality and competitive financial services to households to enable them realise their goals” As an equal opportunity employer, we invite qualifying candidates to apply for the job being advertised as guided below.
Job Summary: The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for coordinating all financial and accounting functions at the Branch in line with the Hofokam’s policies and procedures. She/he will also ensure that the cashiering operations at the Branch are efficient, enable the Branch achieve its digital platforms’ targets as well as coordinate fundraising programs at the Branch.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weekly cash flows prepared and submitted by end of business on Saturday and monthly cash flow estimates on the 1st day of the new month;
- Monitoring the minimum and maximum cash levels on a day to day basis;
- Coordinate the development of monthly activity plans and budgets before end of month;
- Perform monthly budget variance reviews by the 03rd day of new month;
- Manage and supervise Branch assets and ensure compliance to the Asset Management Policy and maintaining the Branch Asset Register;
- Keep and maintain records of keys and safes; monitoring dual control and register of access to strong room;
- Compile and prepare end of month reports and supporting schedules by the 04th day of the new month;
- Inform and advise the Branch Head, Branch staff and Management about the financial affairs of the Branch;
- Check on all customer postings made by the Finance Officer to ensure deposits and withdraws are made against the right accounts before end of business;
- Ensure proper classification of transactions and must check on all Branch Ledger entries entered in the system; to ascertain their genuineness, accuracy and who authorized them;
- Post back office transactions as and when they occur;
- Capture customer data for account opening into ORBIT-R in line with Policy and Regulatory completeness requirements;
- Coach, monitor and supervise the performance of Finance Officers (all Banking Staff); and
- Drive revenue maximization from agency banking.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must at least hold a degree in a business related field.
- Period of service of not less than three years in a well-established organisation.
- Good Computer skills especially of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and presentation skills;
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities and assignments at the same time;
- Display a high degree of integrity, confidentiality and professionalism;
- Communication skills; great verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with workers of all levels throughout the Company;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Leadership abilities and supervisory skills
- Good customer care service provision skills;
- Ability to work well under minimum supervision.
- Age: 25-30 years of age.
Salary: The salary to be paid is in line with Hofokam Salary Structure for Senior Finance Officers;
How to Apply:
If you feel you truly meet the above criteria, please apply through the Human Resource Manager and attach a current Curriculum Vitae containing a day time telephone contact, names and details of at least three (3) referees preferably of your employer(s) and certified copies of academic and professional certificates and e-mail them strictly to [email protected]
Attachments MUST be in one PDF document and not exceeding 5MB in size.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 7th January 2022 by 5:00pm