Job ID 23481
Job Title: Senior Financial Risk Analyst
Organisation: Tropical Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tropical Bank Limited was established in 1973 under the name Libyan Arab Uganda Bank for Foreign Trade and Development. Tropical Bank Limited is jointly owned by the Governments of the Republic of Uganda 0.03% and the Libyan Foreign Bank (LFB) 99.97% of Paid-up Capital. The Bank provides professional and personalized commercial banking services to various sectors of the economy including financial support to Parastatals, Corporates, Small and Medium Enterprises, Individuals, and Non-Governmental Organisations.
Job Summary: The Senior Financial Risk Analyst will manage credit risk and market risk (Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Foreign Exchange Risk and Investment Risk) by ensuring that there is adequate ability to identify, measure, monitor and control of inherent Market and Credit Risk.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting periodic collateral monitoring reviews to ascertain the condition and adequacy of the pledged collateral and advise management on any existing and prospective risk exposure.
- Monitoring the Bank’s business portfolio to ensure that the bank’s credit portfolio has an appropriate level of concentration per sector, product, gender, geography, large exposures and insider lending.
- Carrying out credit and market stress tests and identify mitigations to minimize risks in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the soundness of credit approval decisions (including counterparty) through review of both funded and non-funded facilities to establish authenticity & completeness of credit proposal documents in line with bank’s underwriting standards.
- Analyse the Bank’s market position and risk modelling to assess the value at risk (VaR) measurement as per the risk management framework
- In collaboration with the Treasury department maintain up to date Recovery plans.
- Review of all placements and Investments made by the institution to other banks to ensure that management is informed of any maturing investments for proper planning.
- Continuous review and Analysis of the net open positions to ensure that the institution remains compliant with the internal and regulatory limits.
- On a daily basis review the liquidity position of the bank as prepared by the Treasury department
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely preparation of the Financial Risk Dashboard for review by Financial Risk Manager
- of exceptions per audit reports/onsite examiner reports
- All end month reports prepared and ready for review by the 5th day of the next month
- Timely escalation of exceptions noted
- Percentage of Non-performing Loans to Total Loans and Advances
- Credit Health checks conducted twice each year.
- Percentage of Written off loans
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economic, and or Finance
- Certification in Risk Management will be an added advantage
- At least two years of experience in Risk Management or Assurance function.
- Good ccommunications skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of international financial reporting standards
- Good analytical skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their CV and academic papers to [email protected] in one PDF
- Candidates must put the Job tittle/position in the subject of the email during submission of their application.
- Tropical Bank does not ask for money or rewards in exchange for Job opportunities.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 6th March 2022