Job ID 33009
Job Title: Senior Information Technology Officer
Organisation: Church World Service (CWS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Information Technology Support Supervisor
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Job Summary: The Senior Information Technology Officer is primarily responsible for assisting with the daily maintenance of the organization’s computer, network systems, helpdesk management and assisting individual staff with resolving computer software and hardware problems (staff support). The position requires flexibility, initiative and confidence in dealing with different types of systems and more importantly, different types of people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieves and maintains a thorough knowledge and adherence to established RSC Africa, CWS/IRP, DOS/PRM and USCIS policies and procedures regarding ICT systems management for RSC Africa.
- Mans the helpdesk and categorizes, prioritizes, assigns and escalates IT requests as needed.
- Responds to help desk requests within the stipulated timelines, and provides first line support and tickets resolution.
- Escalates and follows helpdesk requests to other IT staff per CWS Africa service desk SLA.
- Works with the systems and network administrators in daily systems maintenance, troubleshooting and research to provide guidance to the IT Management.
- Plans for and delivers IT training to RSC staff in collaboration with the training unit.
- Works with the IT Support Supervisor in analyzing helpdesk data to make inferences on training and technological needs.
- Conducts field processing circuit ride preparation and remote field support.
- Collaborates with and supports the Uganda Country Office staff in their tasks and various projects.
- Travels to remote locations for equipment and staff support.
- Working with the other Africa country offices IT Senior specialists on various tasks and projects.
- When needed, covers the responsibilities of the other IT Specialists.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or IT Management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field, or four (4) additional years’ work experience in IT required in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Other advanced professional training in IT related field is preferred.
- At least five years of directly related specialized experience performing the essential duties is required.
- Two years’ Supervisory experience in managing and maintaining computer networks, preferably Windows based networks, is preferred.
- Best interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of using and managing IT Helpdesk systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and willingness to constantly renew required knowledge.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problems solving skills in a Windows based environment.
- Strong knowledge in domain management and Active directory services.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft 365 administration.
- Strong knowledge and skills in Windows server 2016 setup and administration.
- Knowledge and working experience with administration of database systems, especially MS SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge in VMWare – virtualization technology.
- Strong knowledge in data leak, loss, and encryption methods (McAfee or any other)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft licensing requirements.
- Strong, up-to-date knowledge in systems security in a large network environment.
- Knowledge in networking (LAN, WLAN and VPN), especially with Cisco managed devices (Firewalls, Routers, and switches)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Architecture and OSI Model.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 28th March 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||Church World Service (CWS)|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|