Job ID 32883
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Organisation: Watoto Church Ministries
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Watoto Church Ministries and Community Care has experienced exponential growth in the past couple of years composed of multiple Celebration Centres (Campuses) and diverse Community care initiatives that include; Child Care, Community and Neighbourhood, Education and FM Radio amongst others. In all of this, Watoto remains a local church, committed to celebrating Christ and caring for community.
Job Summary: We are seeking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor to support the Team Leader, Internal Audit and Risk Management (TL, IARM) in providing an independent and objective assurance of Watoto Ministries’ operating systems and to evaluate and make recommendations to minimize risk.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Support with Internal Audit Strategic Activities
- Support in the annual review, update of the Internal Audit Universe, and use the updated Universe to support in the review and operationalisation of the Audit Cycle Plan.
- Support the TL, IARM to review, operationalise the Internal Audit Charter, and support the completion of the Internal Audit Manual.
- Support the TL, IARM to establish the operational file format for the different types of assignments.
- Contribute to the development of the annual audit and risk management plan and take lead in the implementation of the Annual Audit plan to ensure adherence to timeline.
- Spearhead a detailed audit planning for each assignment and ensure it includes the objectives for each audit, the scope, the duration, and the areas of focus.
- Support in making follow-ups and implementation of all internal and external audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee and the Leadership Team.
- Support the coordination of external auditors’ activities including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work.
- Support in the preparation of the audit reports, quarterly reports, minutes, and action papers for the Audit Committee.
Fieldwork and Investigative Audit Activities
- Develop an audit plan for each Internal audit assignment and supervise the Internal Audit Assistants in the preparation of the Audit file.
- Prepare Internal Audit reports for each assignment on completion of fieldwork.
- Support the TL, IARM in conducting special investigations, management consultancy and independent reviews in areas related to fraud, risk management and safety.
- Participate in the design of an electronic file numbering system and ensure that all audit related documents both hard-copy and electronic are properly filed, and that the filing system is up-to date.
Management and Coordination of Team activities
- Participate in the design of the competency framework and incorporate it into the appraisal process.
- Organise regular departmental staff meetings to ensure proper and open communication of departmental plans and feedback from team members.
- Support the incorporation of the designed training programme in the annual planning and calendar for the Audit Department.
- Set and agree on performance targets for the Internal Audit assistants
Administration and Budgeting
- Participate in the development and management of the department budget to ensure availability of funds for planned Internal Audit activities.
- Review the periodic Internal Audit financial statements and budget updates from Finance department; taking appropriate corrective action in case of any variance from what has been planned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Mandatory requirement: the applicant should be a born-again Christian, a member of Watoto Church and a member of a cell group.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (minimum upper second class) in a relevant field from a reputable university.
- Should be undertaking a professional course, either ACCA or CPA
- A minimum of three years’ working experience in auditing in a reputable organization, of which one year should be as a Senior Auditor.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the Audit software and accounting packages.
- Good management skills
- Good investigation skills
- Excellent report writing skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates can apply by visiting our website; Click Here
- Go to Apply for a job section
- Under that, view the Job Role and click on the link that reads; Apply
- Fill out the form that will be open and submit after all sections have been filled.
- Submit your CV, academic and professional documents, and a cell/pastor’s recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Job Title – First Name, Last Name)
Deadline: 24th March 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||Watoto Church Ministries and Community Care|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|