Job ID 33032
Job Title: Senior Tax Analyst
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Job Summary: As an individual contributor, this role will require a degree of self-sufficiency, to help deliver initiatives for various collaborators, as well as supporting value creation opportunities for the business and requires knowledge in tax legislation in the market.
The role will not have any direct reports; however, the role might be required to manage senior partners according to Diageo standards. The role is permanent.
Job Summary: The Tax Analyst will;
- Support the tax manager in running the tax compliance of the Uganda business, ensuring compliance with local legislation and EFRIS
- Work with Uganda Tax Manager to deliver robust tax risk management and mitigation plans including supporting with URA audits
- Work closely with the wider Uganda business in implementing solution to various tax compliance issues
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Tax Analyst will support the Tax Manager in:
- Ensuring tax compliance with respect to all tax types i.e. Corporation tax, value added tax, Excise duty compliance
- Ensure compliance with tax payment obligations
- Ensure entities have valid tax compliance certification
- Ensure compliance with Uganda Transfer Pricing Requirements and documentation
- GL reconciliations related to the tax compliance and payments
- Supporting the compliance with the EFRIS
- Work with local tax advisors to ensure the business acquires value for money
- Ensure compliance with relevant Diageo controls
- URA tax audits processes
- Tax governance supporting handling the tax risks
- Support tax compliance and customs and excise teams
- Supporting Diageo tax reporting in Uganda
The Tax Analyst will support the Indirect Tax Compliance team in:
- Ensuring monthly tax compliance with respect to Value Added Tax by preparation of VAT and WHVAT returns of the Ugandan market along with their reconciliation, return submission and payment initiation
- To support Excise duty team with reconciliation between Asycuda and GPA broker statement on a monthly basis
- Assist upcoming standardization and improvement processes within the entities
Key Performance Areas:
- Tax Compliance – Collaborate to provide high quality, accurate, timely computation, payment and accounting for various taxes and application agreed global standard processes/governance framework.
- Finance Business partnership – Develop and maintain a strong working relationship and keeping up to date with business priorities and developments, act as a trusted business advisor in order to challenge and support the markets in improving overall tax management. Advise, guide and educate market collaborators on key tax issues to enable the business to adopt and enforce to relevant tax policies and standards, and mitigate tax risk.
- Value Creation – Support implementation of opportunities for standardization and simplification.
- Governance & Change – Support delivery of internal or external changes. Provide tax support to market-initiated projects e.g., innovation to ensure tax strategies and policies are adhered to and opportunities to deliver tax efficiencies are identified and fully evaluated. Keep up to date with tax law changes and standard; together with the Uganda Tax Manager, identify tax risks and opportunities and recommend actions. Active engagement in the management and monitoring of market tax risks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a first degree in Social sciences and business-related studies
- Certified Public Accountant of Uganda or ACCA Equivalent or tax certification
- Two years of post-qualification experience within a tax function in a multinational (preferred) or a tax advisory firm
- Experience in taxation within Uganda
- Good judgement regarding acceptable levels of tax risk
- Broad understanding of key domestic tax issues.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|