Job ID 32888
Job Title: Ambulance Driver (Several Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Job Summary: The Ambulance Driver will provide emergency Evacuation of road traffic accident emergencies and other general emergencies as otherwise instructed by the Emergency Medical Technician.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be on standby to respond to emergencies as and when need be;
- Actively provide support and assistance to technical staff during response;
- Maintain vehicles clean and in good mechanical conditions in line with URCS policies;
- Follow the right chain of command;
- Maintain close range and respond to all radio communication from emergency response command centers 24/7;
- Ensure the ambulance is secured and parked at duty station or safe environment when not in use;
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards;
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month;
- Guard against misuse of the vehicles like carrying passengers, carrying dead bodies, personal transport and other related abuse;
- Ensure road traffic rules are adhered to including having valid driving licenses, speed management and use of ambulance sirens and others;
- Coordinate with supply chain department to ensure timely fuel loading and servicing of the vehicle;
- Oversee the safe travel of self and passengers aboard the vehicle;
- Make correct entries into the Vehicle log book and ensure proper records; are kept of all the spare keys, repairs, equipment (e.g. radios, antennae, etc) and fuel intake and prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month;
- Report all vehicles and driving related incidents to URCS including minor and major accidents, vehicle performance and maintenance issues, etc;
- Perform daily inspections for the assigned or any other vehicles and report to the supervisor accordingly;
- Carry out any other duty assigned by your line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent from an approved, recognized and reputable academic institution;
- Valid Driving License (Classes DL, CM and B are desirable).
- Five years of experience in driving preferably with a reputable organization
- Proven experience driving 4×4 vehicles
- Innovation and creatively
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technology awareness
- Defensive driving skills
- Good command of the English language (oral and written) is a must with ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- High level of integrity.
- Planning strategically.
- Proven integrity.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply:
Please send your filled application form Download Here and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Due to large volumes of applications; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 27th March 2023 at 5: 00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|