Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies.
Job Summary: A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
Deloitte’s Audit service offering utilizes a comprehensive methodology designed to bring our extensive professional and technical resources to audit engagements in an efficient, and cost-effective manner. In our audit process, we combine a rigorous risk and needs analysis, diagnostic processes, and a client service assessment structured to provide our clients with a superior audit clearly focused on them.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for dynamic individuals to join our Audit team as Interns. These positions will be based in our Uganda office in Kampala.
Main purpose of the job: The Internship will provide you with good hands-on experience in various aspects of Audit. You will provide effective support to the Audit team while ensuring timely delivery of work on a series of exciting and challenging Audit engagement projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and apply Deloitte standards, procedures and methodologies on assigned tasks;
- Ensure assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards;
- Ensure availability of accurate and timely data on assigned tasks as required including using available knowledge sources optimally;
- Raise issues with the manager as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of data and delivery or timelines of the engagement;
- Manage information security
- risk while executing assigned tasks in alignment with Deloitte policies;
- Maintain own development and knowledge; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact – Independently assists team to deliver on audit engagements.
- Budgets / Profitability – Effectively uses time, equipment and resources.
- Development/ growth of team – Actively work to address identified technical skills.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Deloitte Audit Intern job must be continuing students pursuing undergraduate degrees in 3rd year of study or completed Bachelor’s degrees from recognised university in 2021 or 2020;
- Have or expecting to get at least an Upper Second-class honors;
- A minimum of 16 points at ‘A’ Level or equivalent;
- A first Grade in ‘O’ Level (with at least credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent; A recognized accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or the equivalent, is an added advantage;
- Availability for from January 2022 to April 2022; and,
- Be a Ugandan citizen or eligible to work in Uganda.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Good analytical and organization skills;
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease; and,
- Sound problem-solving ability.
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Sound business acumen;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Well-developed computer skills.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal at the link below.
Deadline: 2nd January 2022