Job Title: Agent Opener (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Wave Mobile Money
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Wave Mobile Money is building a cashless Africa – starting in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Uganda & now in Mali. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash. We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave.
Job Summary: We are looking for Temporary Agent Opener with high sales acumen, solid marketing skills, and undisputed integrity. For two months, you will participate in the growth of our agent network in the Central, Eastern, Western, Northern, and West Nile regions of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a key element in the implementation of Wave’s rapid growth strategy.
- Use an interactive map and conduct proximity visits to identify and report on key areas.
- Identify good potential agents by following a very detailed process.
- Introduce Wave to merchants and multi-service managers and motivate them to become agents
- Open and train new agents according to a very detailed process.
- Install Wave App on agent phones and train them so they can serve Wave’s customers efficiently
- Collaborate with product teams and our engineers to improve the agent onboarding experience
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- One year of professional experience, preferably in mobile payments, insurance, or banking
- Knowing how to use Google Maps
- Fluent in English and a local language/s native to your assigned region.
- Have a good smartphone (Androïd preferably) and be tech-savvy
- Computer Literacy
- You might be a good fit if you.
- You are excited to work in the field.
- You are thorough and determined to achieve excellence in everything you do
- You are autonomous and proactive in achieving ambitious goals.
- You are a clear and proactive communicator, able to carry out your tasks independently and with a sense of priorities.
- You are intellectually curious, creative in the way you deal with problems, and understand failure as a way to spur innovation and growth.
How to Apply:
All Interested and qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.