Organisation: Imagine Her
Duty Station: Katale Seguku-Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Social Enterprise & Innovation Program Lead
Imagine Her is a non-profit working to accessibly provide young vulnerable women and youth with robust innovation skills and essential resources to create sustainable social ventures and social impact in Uganda. We do this by providing tools and collaborating with communities as key advocates to prepare pathways for their socio-economic independence.
About Social Enterprise & Innovation Program:
As part of our core work, the Social Enterprise & Innovation Program, we invest in young women and youth as builders of transformative solutions to the most pressing problems of today and tomorrow (Climate Change, Food Security). We do this through the provision of practical tools and resources necessary to drive a paradigm shift geared towards the creation of sustainable and desired solutions. This is achieved through;
Design Thinking & Adaptive Leadership Training: Our model is designed as a 3 months accelerated MBA-style training program that empowers women and youth to develop an idea, build a model, and test it using design thinking methodology and principles of adaptive leadership.
Tailored Mentorship: Key to the success of our scholars’ social ventures, they receive a life-long opportunity of mentorship and tailored support from business experts as a ticket to sustain their venture operations and grow their business expertise.
Lean Start-Up Financing; On commencement, our scholars receive a revolving lean start-up loan to implement their idea. These are usually group-based or individual payable within a period of 3 months after the business takeoff.
Job Summary: The Social Enterprise & Innovation Program Associate will be a core part of the Social Enterprise & Innovation team responsible for training workshops facilitation and content co-design, supporting the growth of the program’s scholars and graduates. The Social Enterprise & Innovation Program Associate will take a lead role in the execution of the following objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary Objectives (90%)
- Training workshops facilitation & Design. The Associate will take a lead role in facilitating the training workshops/sessions and in collaboration work with the Social Enterprise & Innovation Program Lead to co-design training content and workshops outlook. In addition, the Associate will coordinate and co-facilitate training activities including but not limited to financial literacy, behavior change, mindset growth, and village savings and loans associations. The Associate will also support the identification and selection of beneficiaries for the training.
- Product/Service Development. The Associate will be responsible for ensuring that the program scholars/agripreneurs and climate & environmental entrepreneurs come up with viable, research-based, and market-needed social ventures using design thinking methodologies.
- Startup Support & Profile Management. The Associate will work with the Scholars and Program graduates to Identify potential risks and issues and provide mitigation measures to ensure that the launch start-ups survive beyond their first birthday.
- Quality Assurance: M&E, Reporting & Documentation The Associate will support the Monitoring and Evaluation team in ensuring that regularmmonitoring, data collection, and analysis for the program are conducted. The Associate will support all the Program Assessment and learning processes including attending Program review meetings, documenting lessons and program impact to facilitate adoption in the process of program implementation. The Program Associate will also contextualize and use reporting guidelines to track and develop quality, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and end of project reports.
Secondary Objectives (10%)
The Associate will execute the following secondary objectives
- Support in fostering partnerships with the key government departments and other stakeholders to promote collaboration and close working relationships
- The Program Associate will from time to time be called upon to represent the program in county and sub-county technical working groups, advocacy working groups, key forums, and events
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness/Agricultural Extension/Business/Social Work/Microfinance/Community Development from a recognized university
- At least two years experience in climate-smart agricultural production, agribusiness, renewable energy economic empowerment projects including gender mainstreaming in both urban and rural context
- Must have a good understanding and experience on economic empowerment approaches including Business Idea Development using Design Thinking
- Experience delivering business training sessions, running business incubators, or Accelerators is preferred.
- Experience working with youth and women groups including Savings Groups.
- Highly flexible and organized, able to coordinate government and private sector players for effective support and implementation of program interventions
- He /she must have ample experience in capacity building, public relations, be a strong team player, and have good coordination skills
- Experience in working with partnerships, including Local Government, civil society, donors, and local community structures is an added advantage.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to take initiative, a leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Google Drive & Calendar etc) and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
Imagine Her is a small nonprofit organization that believes in accelerating the power and potential of every girl, woman, and youth-preparing them as active leaders, social entrepreneurs to create sustainable solutions within their communities. Our model was developed to empower girls, women, and youth holistically to improve their lives and communities. We have very limited resources and staff. Each member of our team is working towards realizing our mission by dedicating their time and skills through a wholehearted commitment to it. As a result, we are equally dedicated to those who work with us. We’re looking for someone who can get their sleeves rolled up and their hands dirty.
Someone who is kept up at night trying to find answers to the world’s most intractable problems and willing to make some errors along the way. We need an individual willing to share what they know and learn as they go – not afraid to take a step back and think around a problem. We’re looking for an expert with drive and heart. And we need someone who can do all those things, in some of the hardest places, and still have a lot of fun.
Things We’ll Bring To The Table:
- A passionate and welcoming working environment in a small, fast-paced NGO
- Building your capacity in all areas of your work
- 2 weeks paid leave
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates please submit CV and Cover letter to [email protected]
Imagine Her is an equal opportunities employer so both women and men are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 25th November 2021