Job ID 33078
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Science & Engineering ]
Electricity Regulatory Authority
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Within Uganda , Kampala, East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Similar Jobs in Uganda
Learn more about Electricity Regulatory Authority
Electricity Regulatory Authority jobs in Uganda
Manager Planning and Research
Contribute to the production of good quality statistics within theAuthority,
Facilitate the transition to an Information based‐work culture that fosters information sharing as akey performancemedium and prepare reports to analyze industry statistics and information, and conductingrelevant research to support policy decisions
• Develop operational procedures for the regular collection, validation, verification, processing, dissemination and management of relevant Industry data, and to propose for adoption, new sources of useful data and the methods of collecting this data with up to dateformats.
• Analyse collected data in order to produce regular timely statistics and analytical technical reports on Electricity Industry performance on a quarterly and annualbasis.
• To develop and maintain a comprehensive and efficient database on the Electricity Industry, and to develop standards and guidelines to guide the use, acquisition of data and to protect sensitive information.
• Supervise data capture from reporting tools and other sources of data, andmonitor the reporting system to ensure licensee compliance with regulations, standards and reporting requirements.
• Participate in conducting relevant research to support policy decisions through designing survey instruments and other data collection instruments for the collection of primary and secondary data, and to analyze the collected data in order to guide Authority decision and policy.
• Designing worksheets, table formats and charts to be used in the regular presentation to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Represent ERA in meetings, technical committees, conferences, Seminars
• Liaising with Licensees to obtain data, including performance, costs, and sales figures.
• Ensuring data integrity by performing rigorous cleaning, error checking, and validation
• Perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Management.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience
• An Honours University Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Quantitative Economics.
• Must have at least Three (3) Years of relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
• Should be 35years of age andbelow.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Advanced Proficiency in statistical software including Excel, Stata,R or equivalent
• Strong computer skills and ability to use necessary databases and software iii) Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
• iv) Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Visit (www.pila‐consultants.com) to download andread full job descriptions. If you believe you have the relevant qualificationsand experience, please send your detailedApplication and CV demonstrating possession ofthe relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email firstname.lastname@example.org ; not later than 5.00pm. 7th April, 2023 quoting the position ofinterest in the subject line.
N.B: Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PILA Consultants Ltd
Partners in Learning and Action Consultants
Plot 648, Nanfumbambi RoadKikoni, Makerere West
P. O. Box 9092 Kampala‐Uganda,