Job Title: Supply Chain Officer, CDS Grant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH in collaboration with Uganda National Expanded Programme on Immunization (UNEPI) is seeking a Procurement Officer to support to the Supply Chain Specialist to effectively manage the Supply Function including establishing the annual work plan of the Programme priorities, handling of procurement related activities, expediting supply requests and ensuring the programme meets the pre-set performance measures for funded projects.
Job Summary: The supply chain officer will report to the Procurement and Supply Chain Management Specialist- MOH/UNEPI, with a dotted reporting line to the senior Program officer – PATH. This position is based in Kampala, Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support/manage assessments of country needs and existing SC systems
- Assess and define the needs and readiness of environmentally and socially sustainable national supply chain systems for the COVID-19 vaccination (including technical, operational processes, legal, regulatory and policy environment). The assessment will also include analysis of the existing bottlenecks.
- Map out planned support from UNICEF, other UN agencies, donors, and other partners, in addition to mapping out the relevant stakeholders involved in the vaccine and supply chain delivery and develop required multi-sectoral frameworks.
- Support to the establishment/functioning of multi-sectoral national COVID vaccine coordination mechanisms.
- Support the coordination of multiple ministries, UN agencies and partners involved in the COVID vaccination campaign beyond the health sector, in particular on the supply chain management operations.
- Support the establishment/functioning of a reliable cold chain for storage and distribution
- Support COVAX demand forecasting to inform cold chain equipment (CCE) capacity requirements, and CCE selection, procurement, installation, and asset management, according to the country’s COVID vaccine delivery strategy, to be in place to ensure the availability, reliability and cost-effective functioning of cold chain equipment, both for vaccine storage and transportation.
- Support/ manage Integration and upgrading of existing supply chain systems and introduction of digital solutions
- Support installation and roll-out of new digital supply chain systems, adapted to country-contexts, to ensure that the vaccines are distributed rapidly, efficiently, equitably, and safely to nearly entire populations.
- Support supply chain solutions project manage and implementation.
- Work with the national technical team to provide implementation and project management support.
- Help ensure that vaccine stocks are available across all health facilities
- Help ensure that routine immunization vaccines are also being tracked through the system on a regular basis
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in supply chain management, computer science, international development or related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience or completed University Degree in Logistics, Pharmacy, Public Health, Business Administration, Management, public administration, or any field directly related courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting for immunization programs in developing countries
- Five years of relevant progressively responsible work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting and administration and/or other related fields is required.
- Good understanding and Working Knowledge of MOH/UNEPI, vaccines and immunization supply chain
- Experience in the health sector will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of institution donor requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization
- Attention to details and understanding of supplier’s payment cycles/procedures
- Effective communication skills.
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments, Country offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation
You must currently have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
NB: PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.