Job ID 32876
Job Title: Team Leader – Credit Control
Organisation: MTN Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor – Credit Control
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Team Leader – Credit Control will be responsible for effective management of post-paid accounts receivable and implementation of the company credit policy to minimize credit risk exposure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure achievement of weekly and monthly collection targets
- To ensure appropriate customer engagement is done to avoid overdue balances.
- To set appropriate and monitor credit limits.
- Suspend credit facilities in accordance with company Credit Policy.
- Ensure that payments are correctly allocated, to the appropriate account and against the appropriate invoice(s).
- Check reminder letters for 100% accuracy and appropriateness before dispatch.
- Follow up to ensure timely resolution of customers queries.
- Keep track of ongoing account reconciliations to ensure timely resolution of disputes.
- Effective team supervision
- Monitor and follow up to fix system challenges affecting collections.
- Enhance adherence to timely reporting requirements within set deadlines.
- Proper record keeping of all correspondences with customers, collections agents and other stakeholders.
- Effective team leadership, goal setting and measurement, reporting, coaching and development.
- Ensure staff PDPs are developed and reviewed on quarterly basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Administration
- A Professional Accountant having completed at least Part 2 of ACCA, CIMA or CPA
- Three to five years of experience in a busy credit control department of a large commercial enterprise.
- Experience in high volume accounts receivable department
- Good analysis of the Accounts Receivable
- Debt collection
- Knowledge of financial policies and procedures
- Staff and customer management
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- A good team player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of customer retention and follow–through skills
- Strong organisational and presentation skills
- Report writing skills
- High levels of honesty & integrity
- Results oriented
- A highly objective and Pro-active individual
- Excellent judgement skills
NB: Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join MTN Uganda Limited in this capacity should apply online
Deadline: 20th March 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||MTN Uganda Limited|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|